Jump to content
Burns-bass

Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass - Reduced + Case
£750
Bristol

Recommended Posts

What. beauty!

This is a very lovely 2010 Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass in sunburst. This has the ultra-wide fretboard and packs a massive punch, sounding every bit like a classic Precision bass from your favourite hits. 

Period features include a delicious (and widely discussed) poly finish, open-back tuners, vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, 7.25" fretboard radius.  It's made in Mexico, but don't let that put you off. It's a beauty. Comes with barely stroked D'Addario Chromes which provide the vintage thump you need.

As you can see, it's in lovely condition. Would prefer collection from Bristol, but could ship in the UK if you are prepared for me to wait and get the right packing materials and pay for a case. 

Take a look at the pics and email if you want more detail. 

Looking for £750.

Reason for sale is that I'm just getting rid of basses I don't play. 

548BFC8E-5210-4F75-995A-092851060A6A.jpeg

F6914465-117A-40E1-A5C3-DF0F429CF09B.jpeg

7CEFD120-99B3-4DAF-B2B6-6543AD6F8BA9.jpeg

16B70F68-5ABC-43FD-8205-2967006A9F3D.jpeg

13EC092F-7F91-4E5C-A57E-9C32526DA2A3.jpeg

69000915-0E52-4D48-8B1D-002D0938A56E.jpeg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Colour me interested...

Would go wonderfully with the Markbass I sold you (if you still have it)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Would go wonderfully with the Markbass I sold you (if you still have it)

Sadly that went a while ago.  I'll PM you shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of lovely interest, but still here. I really love this bass, so hope it finds a new home. I’ve managed to find a case for this too should postage be necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miles'tone said:

Lovely bass, but these had a poly finish not nitro mate. 

I don't want to get into a discussion about Fender finishes (it's the world's dullest discussion point, I reckon), but here's the official Fender description of the bass which I've used below. If anyone from Mexico wants to chime in then please do!

The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

I don't want to get into a discussion about Fender finishes (it's the world's dullest discussion point, I reckon), but here's the official Fender description of the bass which I've used below. If anyone from Mexico wants to chime in then please do!

The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. 

It's not a dull discussion point if someone ends up disappointed by their purchase. I'm just trying to save you a headache later on too. My intentions are well meant friend..

The MIM Classic 50s Lacquer Precision was only offered in Black and White Blonde finishes. Fact. They were more expensive than the regular MIM Classic 50s Precisions that had a polyurethane finish, which were available in 2 tone Sunburst (the bass you have for sale), Fiesta Red and Honey Blonde.

I'm not Mexican, just well informed.  😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

It's not a dull discussion point if someone ends up disappointed by their purchase. I'm just trying to save you a headache later on too. My intentions are well meant friend..

The MIM Classic 50s Lacquer Precision was only offered in Black and White Blonde finishes. Fact. They were more expensive than the regular MIM Classic 50s Precisions that had a polyurethane finish, which were available in 2 tone Sunburst (the bass you have for sale), Fiesta Red and Honey Blonde.

I'm not Mexican, just well informed.  😉

Fair enough. Man beats internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

Can we call that a Mexican stand off?!

Let's hope it turs into a Mexican sell-off.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Let's hope it turs into a Mexican sell-off.

I'm sure it will now. GLWTS ✌️

Edited by miles'tone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't give a sod what the finish is. That really is lovely! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve reduced the price to £675, including a very old and battered Fender moulded hard case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...