Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, casapete said:

Friday 18th August at 9.55pm on BBC4 - a ‘BBC Sessions’ featuring Bonnie Raitt.

I was lucky enough to attend that, at Stoke Newington Town Hall circa 2014. 

Wondered when they’d repeat. Great band, and Hutch the bass player is no slouch. 

Edited by Mickeyboro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

I was lucky enough to attend that, at Stoke Newington Town Hall circa 2014. 

Wondered when they’d repeat. Great band, and Hutch the bass player is no slouch. 

I was a bit late to the party regarding Bonnie for some reason - remember friends raving about

her years ago but only discovered how great she was in the early 2000’s. Then I managed to

get good tickets to see her (and James Taylor) in Leeds in 2018, but en route to the gig I 

got a call to say my dear old Dad was failing. We turned round and rushed back but sadly

he passed away just before we made it home.
Then I couldn’t make any of Bonnie’s recent dates over here due to my work, so am guessing

I’ll probably never get to see her in concert, so will hopefully enjoy the BBC programme. Love

her band - Hutch is fabulous, and George Marinelli is one of the most tasteful guitar players

I’ve ever heard. 

• Sad 2

I was a bit late to the party regarding Bonnie for some reason - remember friends raving about

her years ago but only discovered how great she was in the early 2000’s. Then I managed to

get good tickets to see her (and James Taylor) in Leeds in 2018, but en route to the gig I 

got a call to say my dear old Dad was failing. We turned round and rushed back but sadly

he passed away just before we made it home.
Then I couldn’t make any of Bonnie’s recent dates over here due to my work, so am guessing

I’ll probably never get to see her in concert, so will hopefully enjoy the BBC programme. Love

her band - Hutch is fabulous, and George Marinelli is one of the most tasteful guitar players

I’ve ever heard. 

Sad story, Pete. 

Got into BR in 1973 when Takin My Time was found in an LP bargain bin. Was equally taken by Freebo, who currently plays with Alice Howe and is a fretless player to note. 

Edited by Mickeyboro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2023 at 17:20, steantval said:

Sky Arts tonight (Saturday) at 10.15pm.

A brand new documentary AC/DC Forever Young.

Focuses on Angus and Malcolm Young on how they started the band and drove it forwards.

On this eve at 10pm

Thats me sorted 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Happy days for rock’n’roll fans shortly  -2023 Little Richard biopic ‘I am everything’ on CH4 at 11.05pm.

Alternatively Chuck Berry ‘The King of Rock’n’roll’ at 11.15pm on Sky Arts.

has Hail Hail Rock 'n' Roll with Keith Richards been shown anywhere recently?

31 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

has Hail Hail Rock 'n' Roll with Keith Richards been shown anywhere recently?

I don’t think so, although I’m not sure about all of the streaming platforms.

( DVD’s still for sale on eBay though by the looks of things.)

• Thanks 1

Tonight (Monday 16th) on Channel 4 at 10pm there is a showing of ‘Summer of Soul’, a 2021 documentary

about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival. Apparently the footage was rediscovered in a basement and

then restored. Features many great performances including those by BB King, Stevie Wonder, Mavis Staples,

Sly and the Family Stone & Nina Simone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, casapete said:

Tonight (Monday 16th) on Channel 4 at 10pm there is a showing of ‘Summer of Soul’, a 2021 documentary

about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival. Apparently the footage was rediscovered in a basement and

then restored. Features many great performances including those by BB King, Stevie Wonder, Mavis Staples,

Sly and the Family Stone & Nina Simone. 

Saw this at the cinema last year - amazing!!! a bit heavy on the gospel at times, but loved it. Steve Wonder is awe inspiring, 5th Dimension and the rest great.

• Like 1