Jump to content
AndyTravis

Jack Casady in New colours

Recommended Posts

I am reading this thread with my eyes closed….get thee behind me, Casady!

Don't forget to check that the output jack socket nut is done up properly, they are a bit of a sod to get back in place when the nut falls off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

I am reading this thread with my eyes closed….get thee behind me, Casady!

Don't forget to check that the output jack socket nut is done up properly, they are a bit of a sod to get back in place when the nut falls off.

I used to fix 3 or 4 ‘Dots’ Casinos and Sheratons every Saturday for 12 years...they’re awful for it 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's the flexibility of the top, one of my band mates has a semi-acoustic guitar (d'Angelico, I think) and the socket disappeared inside the guitar - took him a while to get it out and fixed.

Just off upstairs to check the socket on my JCB gold top!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2020 at 17:24, BigRedX said:

So the two "blue" ones are supposed to be the same colour? Which is closest to the real thing? I like the second version and would be mightily disappointed if it turned up looking more like the first.

The answer is...it doesn’t look like either 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Bloody hell. 

Are these limited edition?

I don’t know, didn’t want to take a chance.

I have hesitated on 4 different Casady limited editions so with this being Pelham...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sultan, as a point is a top bloke. He’s here with alarming regularity...he chuckled and said “another one”.

He also does the collections for Eurosender when the basses are going the other way 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Sultan, as a point is a top bloke. He’s here with alarming regularity...he chuckled and said “another one”.

He also does the collections for Eurosender when the basses are going the other way 😂

Mrs Travis “Andy you need to stop buying so many basses, look at our accounts/lack of space”

Andy “it’s ok we’ve just about enough, and we have to think of Sultan too - he needs us. I Once left it a couple of months and he was crying tears of happiness when I saw him next.”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Mrs Travis “Andy you need to stop buying so many basses, look at our accounts/lack of space”

Andy “it’s ok we’ve just about enough, and we have to think of Sultan too - he needs us. I Once left it a couple of months and he was crying tears of happiness when I saw him next.”

Exactly the conversation we’ve just had...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Also @LukeFRC I’ve hit that magic number (the rack is full) I just need to rearrange the foam separators.

600FCFE7-1928-47B1-B608-877DC294A98F.jpeg

you need to delete this quick - if there is a "magic number" you will have to sell something before you buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

you need to delete this quick - if there is a "magic number" you will have to sell something before you buy!

Well...yeah...I have a couple of Hercules stands waiting in the wings 😏

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve a couple of niggles with it. But it’s nothing I’d send it back over. The E string nut slot isn’t sufficiently wide for the provided string, Its not fully sat in the slot. Will sort that shortly.

My last Casady also suffered with pickup screw wobble, and I know of a few others - I will sort that.

I think Epiphone have always come with odd characteristics (shonky QC) I used to sell 100’s of them so I know it’s not just this bass...

Ah well. Good fun and that.

Will do some recordings in a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the colour - it’s mental, it’s about 50 shades of green and blue. The walnut stain back and sides are a lovely contrast.

079D17C7-F119-4E00-96E9-29AAF0CA6720.jpeg

4BDEE486-804B-4435-AD3C-D5EF4261A002.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CameronJ said:

That would explain why it looks completely different in every bloody picture on the Internet!

Yeah, sat next to me here, it looks like a sage green colour, in the kitchen earlier it was like a petrol blue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...