Why become a member? ×

Fender Jino Jazz Bass

Cuzzie

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Is there no end to Fender's reinvention of its legacy models?  Decades old designs, rehash, rehash, rename, custom colours, tick a famous signature on it and sell it for $$$, yaaaaawn.

It's not like there's not a bass in the marketplace that has a pickup in that position.  I forget who it was, but I seem to remember an old bloke who owned a biggish guitar company set up with another bloke and made a bass with a pickup in that position.  Oh, what was the name of that company?  The model was name after a fish. 

Perhaps if I take an old Jazz and put 5 pickups on it there'll be a NJ Signature Model in the pipe.

Wanda?

On 04/11/2020 at 17:21, Happy Jack said:

What language was he speaking? Didn't sound like Japanese (to my untutored ear) and was so littered with isolated English words (Jazz, control, humbuckere, etc.) that it was hard to work out what was going on.

It was Japanese - the dead giveaway being -desu at the end of a few sentences (“to be” or “is”, basically).

Looks and sounds cool to me. Don’t know what all the fuss is about him being deserving if it’s a Fender Artist model in Asia...

• Like 2

I dunno. Atelier Z and a few other Japanese builders have done s/MM/s J basses before, and while he’s not the slickest bass player I’ve ever seen - he’s no slouch.

Initially it sounds a bit dead, but when he’s describing the 3 pickups, switching and Pre, it sounds great - lots of useable sounds.

visually, quite cluttered...but sounds great.

• Like 1