Why become a member? ×

Fame 'antique' gig bag (leather look)

ped

I had a punt on one of these. I'm impressed for the price - very sturdy construction, moveable neck pillow and lots of pockets. It is imitation leather so it doesn't weigh much (used to have a Harvest leather bag which weighed quite a bit on it's own) 

The colour is good and the 'leather' doesn't look half bad. The only problem is they have used the biggest zips known to man which clank around a bit, but can be replaced. Sits nicely on my back and the front grab handle is always a welcome addition.

£59, can't go wrong.. https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Fame-Gigbag-Electric-Bass-Antique-Deluxe/art-BAS0010066-000

Cheers

ped

IMG_5246.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bassman68 said:

Quite interested in these myself, would like a worn black leather look...

What’s the padding like on them?

I don’t know if they do any other colours. Pretty good padding, the bag stays in shape well and I’d say it’s comparable with my Fusion bag. There are some interior pics on the link. 

3 hours ago, Bassman68 said:

Quite interested in these myself, would like a worn black leather look...

What’s the padding like on them?

I was thinking the same but it seems that’s the only colour. Would love it in “worn black” or even a delightful “aged wine”, similar to Maruszczyk’s much more expensive offering:

91F729C0-32F8-41A2-ABFF-6C55355D0FA9.jpeg.91078df5630005951a572cd338252c20.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Sorry I forgot to update. Padding is about 30mm from outside bag to inside. The foam is quite stiff and feels up to the job. Let me know if you want anymore pics of anything in particular. One thing I’ll say is whilst the bag is comfy it does wear quite high. But then the ones that sit lower are a pain. I think it’s a good all round bag for the price!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, PaleAngel_90 said:

Is it a good quality gigbag? Or was it made to just look nice? I've never heard of the brand Fame before...

Yeah it's fine - fairly thick plastic leather and decent padding. Good for the price and comfortable to wear. I think Fame are. budget brand who put their name on a number of budget items, like Harley Benton etc. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...