Left leaderboard
Ray

Lockdown Video - Spain (Chick Corea)

I got together with some of my pals to record this recently. It's one of my favourite tunes to play. Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 11

Absolutely brilliant execution. Lovely version... and from a bass playing point of view, lovely. Great tone and feel.

Watched that with a big smile on my face... and the freeze frames on the outros (I did that on my last vid 😛 )

I've had the pleasure of hearing Chick do this tune live, and I've got to say that I found your version just as compelling!

o0smPRW.jpg

Thank you so much 🙏 

16 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Absolutely brilliant execution. Lovely version... and from a bass playing point of view, lovely. Great tone and feel.

Watched that with a big smile on my face... and the freeze frames on the outros (I did that on my last vid 😛 )

13 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

I've had the pleasure of hearing Chick do this tune live, and I've got to say that I found your version just as compelling!

o0smPRW.jpg

Quality. I’ve always liked this tune since I first heard Larry Coryell play it on the Guitar Player album. This version does not disappoint at all. 👏👏👏

• Like 1

Fab playing from all, what an incredible flautist....... open hole flute. incredible playing.

• Like 1

You guys are great! Is this your regular band?

• Like 1

Nice one.  I play in a band with James (drums), he's absolutely solid 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 21/06/2020 at 00:20, Al Krow said:

You guys are great! Is this your regular band?

Thanks! Actually no. I play regularly with the drummer. The keys player and flautist are friends from the local scene but I rarely get to play with them, unfortunately. In fact, the keys and flute guys have never even met the drummer!

That's one good thing about lockdown, I guess - working with musicians you wouldn't normally get the chance to work with.

Edited by Ray

On 21/06/2020 at 00:30, jrixn1 said:

Nice one.  I play in a band with James (drums), he's absolutely solid 👍

Yeah, he's class. A bassist's dream! In which band do play with James?

10 hours ago, Ray said:

Yeah, he's class. A bassist's dream! In which band do play with James?

Down for the Count.  You're in the Fantastics, yes? Seen some of your videos, and hope to catch one of your gigs in the future.

On 26/06/2020 at 19:44, jrixn1 said:

Down for the Count.  You're in the Fantastics, yes? Seen some of your videos, and hope to catch one of your gigs in the future.

Down for the Count is a great band! Yes, The Fantastics. New album out later this year so we should be (hopefully!) gigging regularly again.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By coasterbass
      After much indecision I’ve reluctantly decided to put my Fender Jazz up for sale.  This bass has been my gigging backup bass since 2005 which means that it has lived in its case for 99% of its life and has barely seen action beyond a pre-gig tune up. 
      The bass is a ‘made in Mexico’ but for my money was indistinguishable against my US made versions.  The output is very punchy. 
      Finish is in Midnight Wine which is in great condition barring a slight buckle rash on the rear (pictured). 
      I’m happy to ship at buyers cost otherwise you are welcome to take a look in person. I’m in Maidenhead, SL6. There may be opportunity to meet/drop off along the M4 corridor or northwest London.  I’m also happy to include either a soft case or hiscox hard case. 
      I’m starting this off at £375 or near offer. Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries. 

Cheers!

• By adamg67
      Great condition Maruszczyk Elwood 5a
      Ash body in Red Satin finish with matching headstock
      34" scale
      19mm string spacing
      4.45kg weight
      Angled headstock
      21 Frets plus zero fret
      Rosewood fingerboard with blocks & binding,
      Häussel JJ pickups
      Delano 2-band active preamp
      Volume and blend
      Passive mode on push-pull pot
      Wearing nearly new D'Addario XT strings
      Schaller strap lock buttons fitted, originals included
      Really nice looking, sounding and playing bass, and a reluctant sale, but I've had some wrist problems that make 5 strings a bit harder to play. I've already got it's replacement - an Elwood (Hellwood in fact) 4 string with the same pickups, I really like the sound of them.
      Condition is really good, I've checked it over for anything at all and all I could find was a small mark on the back where the finish has gone shiny and tiny ding in the headstock so small it was hard to photograph. There are some scratches on the scratchplate (makes sense ) and a few on the control plate but you have to get it in the right light to see them. I've done some photos of those, and other than that it's perfect.
      I can throw in a Maruszczyk gig bag, I do have a hard case but I'd need to replace it so that would be £30 extra. It's a good case, hardly used and deep enough for the angled headstock.
      I'd prefer collection or a meet up half way thing, but I can arrange a courier and pack it up properly (it would be packed better than the couriers advise) and send it insured for whatever that costs if really needed, that will probably be about £30 on top.
      £775, not really looking for any trades thanks.
      You can get slightly bigger pics by clicking on the ones below.

• By StuarDaddy
      Hi 
      I have for sale an 80s Fender Japan 75 reissue Jazz Bass in 3TS stamped as a JB75-80 with an E740531 serial number. This dates between 85-87 but looking online more likely to be an 86 from what I’ve seen. I can honestly say it’s the best condition 80s Fender bass I’ve ever seen. There are a couple of marks as shown but they are insignificant. The neck is in perfect condition as is the headstock with no signs of leaning or balancing at all. The body i believe is Ash and the finish on top is flawless. I have taken as many photos as I can to reflect the condition. The action is low and fast and the neck is quite shallow, nowhere near as deep as my 73 Jazz. It has the micro tilt neck, the Bullet Truss rod turns smoothly and shows no sign of wear, the frets are perfect, the binding on the rosewood neck is immaculate, the neck pocket is tight as anything. I have replaced the black original scratchplate with a fender original tortoishell one which just looks cooler to my eye, that cost 65 pounds itself. The original black one is included in the sale as is the Hiscox hardshell case. I’m asking for £1100 as I haven’t seen one as good as this. It is listed by a friend on Facebook as I don’t have an account if you see it elsewhere. Selling as I’m saving for a 60s PB so no trades thanks unless you have a Pre CBS Precision you want to get rid of 😂
      Oh and it weighs 5.3kg as to be expected with these.
      Happy to post, meet or open to someone to safely try it out. 

Thanks for looking

• By Skerritt
      Up for sale, sadly, is my 2014 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V, complete with original Fender hard case and unopened case candy.
      Only had one owner (me) and has spent the last couple of years in the case due to life getting in the way. Unfortunately I can't justify holding on to it any longer.
      It's everything you'd expect from a top quality Fender V string , 34" scale length, plays like a dream and weighs in at around 4.2kg (9.25lbs). The two N3 pickups sound amazing and the active circuit really adds a bit if you need it to.
      It has a barely used set of Slinky's on it at the moment (which I'll happily throw in) and it still looks and plays like it did in the shop.
      Almost as good as new, I've gigged it a handful of times but have kept it in rather good nick. The only blemishes being a tiny ding on the underside and a really miniscule mark on the headstock. Both are pitcured. The volume pot rises up a touch when approaching full volume, but doesn't effect the playability or wiring at all. An easy fix. The case has a few light scratches but still has that 'new case' smell.
      I can ship (at buyer's expense) but would prefer to hand it over in person. I'm based in North London but I can travel if absolutely necessary.
      No trades, but potentially interested in a part-exchange for a 90s Fender Mustang (the kind with 6 strings... blasphemy).
      Thanks for looking!

• By Edenburgh
      Hi all, up for sale goes my '74 AVRI Jazz, owned by me since new (2018)
      I've really enjoyed owning and gigging this, but find myself always going back to my '74 P bass.
      It's a curiosity too!    It came from the factory with the specification deviations to the standard AVRI spec as follows:
      Pickguard - Tort (should be black) Thumb Rest - lower position (should be above the strings) Neck plate - only stamped with Serial Number (should also be "F" stamped) Sunburst pattern - brighter more like a 60's pattern (should be slightly 'darker' '70s pattern) I have emails from Fender confirming that it was a genuine mis-build (see photos)
      Everything else is exactly as a '74 AVRI should be; poly finish, 70's bridge pickup position, block markers, binding, fender stamped tuners, chunky U-shaped neck  (a big surprise for those normally used to super slim Jazz necks).   
      In excellent condition but I have gigged this - it's not been hanging on the wall! , a bit of swirling on the finish, a tiny finish ding on the rear that won't photograph and a wee dink on the binding (pictured).  
      Prefer to meet up rather than ship.    No trades but might consider a Stingray (Classics or Specials only).
      For reference, I raised a thread about the curious spec at the time here: