Why become a member? ×

NME AWARDS GARBAGE

steantval

Attended and performed by the usual bunch of dickheads who think swearing and making totally ridiculous comments when receiving their awards is really clever. NOT

Big chief dickhead (Pete Docherty) obviously thought it was "cool" to sit there smoking, somebody should have rammed the fag up his ar*e.

They also brought out the local looney in the form of Grace Jones, why doesn't that woman grow up?
She's only best known for slapping the chatshow host Russell Harty with her handbag many years ago.

Elbow started the show and were very good, from then on it went quickly downhill.

It should be renamed the NME INDIE AWARDS.

[quote name='steantval' post='421617' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:19 PM']Attended and performed by the usual bunch of dickheads who think swearing and making totally ridiculous comments when receiving their awards is really clever. NOT

Big chief dickhead (Pete Docherty) obviously thought it was "cool" to sit there smoking, somebody should have rammed the fag up his ar*e.

They also brought out the local looney in the form of Grace Jones, why doesn't that woman grow up?
She's only best known for slapping the chatshow host Russell Harty with her handbag many years ago.

Elbow started the show and were very good, from then on it went quickly downhill.

It should be renamed the NME INDIE AWARDS.[/quote]
Good grief vicar - just read this in the Daily Mail...disgraceful...kids these days...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='421714' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:31 PM']That's what pop stars are for. I think Pete Doherty's great value entertainment, personally. I wouldn't want him on my pub quiz team or as my climbing buddy or whatever, but as a pop star he's just right.

I don't understand why people get so angry with him. It's like getting angry at the animals in the zoo.[/quote]

Docherty is a talentless tw*t.

And I think it's time to reclaim the term 'indie'.

NME can't have it any more, they promote money-making mainstream pop rock and fashion styles to teenagers. The indie scene in its truest sense is stronger than ever, sites like Myspace, Garageband, Purevolume, Soundclick etc have made it possible for anyone to get their music out there - and a lot of it is very good.

'Indie' in the sense of wearing girls jeans, wearing your guitar around your neck and playing a spiky four-note riff for two minutes while shrieking is an abuse of the term. :)

[quote name='redzombie' post='421653' date='Feb 28 2009, 01:30 PM']I stopped paying attention to anything to do with the enemy, I mean NME, when I stopped being a teenager.[/quote]

Me too. That was in 1978.

After a while you realise the NME's [i]always[/i] going to be a bunch of self-important, no-hoper style plagiarists w*nking themselves into a frenzy over a band they'll be savaging 6 months later.

The music press is a swaybacked harlot with a propensity for licking toilet floors. And that's the good side of it....

pete docherty came into a taxi office when me and one of my female friends were trying to get a cab from camden.I really am not exagerating the guy was a real mess he stunk of body cheese and piss i was nearly sick,he comes across in interviews as an alright sort of bloke but he will certainly not be coming round to mine for tea after that. The woman in the cab office looked as offended as us.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='421756' date='Feb 28 2009, 03:35 PM']NME's a bit like Radio 1 - you're sposed to find it annoying when you get over 30.[/quote]
I find both annoying now, and i'm 18. They (and kerrang) are as fake as michael jackson's nose, and i wouldn't piss on anyone that works for them if they were on fire (except fearne cotton, she's pretty hot)

Edited by budget bassist

As a teen I HATED NME, the sh*te music it promoted, and its self proclaimed importance. Since I grew up I don't care, but for me they still promote sh*te music.

I was 100% a SOUNDS reader. And then Kerrang after that, before it became asswipe fodder.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='422036' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:32 PM']I find both annoying now, and i'm 18. They (and kerrang) are as fake as michael jackson's nose, and i wouldn't piss on anyone that works for them if they were on fire (except fearne cotton, she's pretty hot)[/quote]

Fearne Cotton needs a good meal, she is beginning to look like the rest of those freaks on the fashion catwalks that portray themselves as women.

She's not quite there yet, but she's heading that way.

Ah, dickhead Docherty used to go out with one of those catwalk freaks, Kate Moss.

[quote name='YouMa' post='422024' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:13 PM']pete docherty came into a taxi office when me and one of my female friends were trying to get a cab from camden.I really am not exagerating the guy was a real mess he stunk of body cheese and piss i was nearly sick,he comes across in interviews as an alright sort of bloke but he will certainly not be coming round to mine for tea after that.[/quote]

And [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPAuotjkM4"]you would be well in order, Frank[/url].