Why become a member? ×

Les Claypool - Of Whales And Woe

Cabal

[quote name='Cabal' post='417601' date='Feb 23 2009, 05:04 PM']I've always loved Primus/Claypool, but this album just takes the biscuit. ;)

Anyone into it?

Cheers,

Jake M[/quote]
Yes, very much so. I've loved Les & Primus since we managed to clear the front room at a party by having Seas of Cheese & Frizzle Fry on at the pain threshold with about 4 of us musos utterly caned and crying wth laughter. Whales is the natural progression, in my opinion.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='418497' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:00 PM']Yes, very much so. I've loved Les & Primus since we managed to clear the front room at a party by having Seas of Cheese & Frizzle Fry on at the pain threshold with about 4 of us musos utterly caned and crying wth laughter. Whales is the natural progression, in my opinion.[/quote]
I want to come to your parties!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3d5W8o770"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3d5W8o770[/url]

Random and repetitive!

I'm a big fan of Primus and Les Clayppol. I've been waiting for him to come and play in the uk for ages, i might missed him but it seems
like the UK is not such a big number on his list (Apart from promoting his film of course)

• 3 weeks later...

Just listened to the new album.. it's almost to quirky for me. Not sure what to make of it yet...

Love Claypool and everything he's done, but most of this sounds like quirky cartoon soundtrack music.. (like Robot Chicken, Mushroom Men etc)

Probably a grower!