Jump to content
AndyTravis

NBD - Sadowsky RV4

Recommended Posts

Well, I said I wasn’t interested in trades on my 64 jazz...

But I caved the second I opened the case and lifted it out “that’s so light it’s not even there!” I said to @Normski

And the neck feels like playing static. Very nice.

Anyhow. Here we are.

4544A257-0D4E-4733-9DF3-C0305E34BB05.jpeg

65935068-25BD-48B6-A2BB-E9A82F270E4E.jpeg

23E15FE9-46E9-4E91-9E4A-DC3C5D126D0D.jpeg

88ABD482-FA19-49AF-ABC2-97D45B79E905.jpeg

9175A49A-3DFD-437A-BE7A-60097C252F8C.jpeg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's lovely.  I've got some real sadowsky GAS at the moment and seeing things like this doesn't help.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

That's lovely.  I've got some real sadowsky GAS at the moment and seeing things like this doesn't help.

I’ve played a few, 2 nyc and 2 metro (japan).

This one is a 2015 and is particularly nice. And silly light.

Softening the blow of the white jazz going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve played a few, 2 nyc and 2 metro (japan).

This one is a 2015 and is particularly nice. And silly light.

Softening the blow of the white jazz going.

I played a modern at Bass Direct a few months back - lovely instrument and I really liked the Pre-Amp.

IIRC correctly they are chambered to keep the weight down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I played a modern at Bass Direct a few months back - lovely instrument and I really liked the Pre-Amp.

IIRC correctly they are chambered to keep the weight down.

Metroline are solid. NYC are chambered.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned something today when Andy was trying my (ex) Metro Sadowsky. I heard tonal possibilities that I had not heard before from this bass. Please take my advice & get a very good player to play your bass in a room next to you & listen! No I don’t regret anything we did a good & fair trade! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Normski said:

I learned something today when Andy was trying my (ex) Metro Sadowsky. I heard tonal possibilities that I had not heard before from this bass. Please take my advice & get a very good player to play your bass in a room next to you & listen! No I don’t regret anything we did a good & fair trade! 

Well, think we’re level pegging, just very different styles.

hope the jazz looks after you as well as it looked after me x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

That's lovely.  I've got some real sadowsky GAS at the moment and seeing things like this doesn't help.

Yep, I feel your pain. I tried a Metro fiver a few weeks back and hoped I’d hate it; it was false hope.

Nice score @AndyTravis, I’m not envious at all (I’m not, I’m not, I’m not 😬).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Well, think we’re level pegging, just very different styles.

hope the jazz looks after you as well as it looked after me x

Been playing the jazz tonight at home (well it wouldn’t be a gig would it) through my Aguilar DB750 & a Bergantino HD2x10. Really getting on with it. It’s certainly gonna get used & well cared for Andy. Enjoy the Sadowsky mate. You certainly made it sound special today! x 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Fantastic. Perfect 4 string! Where did you get it from?

Unintentionally took it in trade against a Fender Custom Jazz. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike said:

Congrats. She's a real beauty. Love that sadowsky sound.

BDF336F3-54F8-4B76-BA2D-544B6B9F0504.thumb.jpeg.1f369eab4ab219079811ec095d1d6420.jpegD2356D2F-A515-4622-B862-A4351A6B6D9C.thumb.jpeg.c277392936f89be38581aff738eddc96.jpeg

just got this blue one too @Mike they’re great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...