Why become a member? ×

Dressed To Kill (KISS Tribute) - New 2011 Gigs - See bottom of Page 12!

cetera

Bumping for the upcoming gigs - starting this weekend:

[b]Fri 5th March - Cambridge 'Corn Exchange' (Double headliner with 'Limehouse Lizzy'!)
Sat 6th March - Walthamstow (London) 'The Standard' (an old fave!)

Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry' (this is one of our fave gigs!)
Sat 17th April - Barnsley 'Birdwell' (first visit to this venue!)[/b]

Cool! Will be great to see you :)
Doors are at 8pm, local support.... then we're on from approx 9.45 - 11.45pm (venue has a late licence)

See you there! :rolleyes:

Just to remind everyone:

[b]Fri 5th March - Cambridge 'Corn Exchange' (Double headliner with 'Limehouse Lizzy'!)
Sat 6th March - Walthamstow (London) 'The Standard' (an old fave!)

Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry' (this is one of our fave gigs!)
Sat 17th April - Barnsley 'Birdwell' (first visit to this venue!) [/b]

Just had Bootsie from Cort into the shop, and he mentioned you'd had a couple of the Axe basses! :)
They lookpretty fun, although the bridge cover was an odd 'vintage' addition in my opinion haha!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='763824' date='Mar 4 2010, 12:07 PM']Just had Bootsie from Cort into the shop, and he mentioned you'd had a couple of the Axe basses! :)
They lookpretty fun, although the bridge cover was an odd 'vintage' addition in my opinion haha!

Si[/quote]

Ah yes.... just waiting for them to arrive! :rolleyes:
I'll shove some EMGs in them and they'll be more than roadworthy :lol:

For 2 hours on stage Cetera [b]is [/b]The Demon :ph34r:

Sorry I didn't get chance to say hi after, had to run for the Tube.

Good to meet up with Thunderbird13 and Mrs Thunderbird13.

Quality gig. Comments from my mates included 'Paul Stanley can [i]really [/i]sing like Paul Stanley' & 'your mate is the best in the band' :) .

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='766816' date='Mar 7 2010, 12:32 PM']For 2 hours on stage Cetera [b]is [/b]The Demon :ph34r:

Sorry I didn't get chance to say hi after, had to run for the Tube.

Good to meet up with Thunderbird13 and Mrs Thunderbird13.

Quality gig. Comments from my mates included 'Paul Stanley can [i]really [/i]sing like Paul Stanley' & 'your mate is the best in the band' :rolleyes: .[/quote]

*blush* Thanks mate! That gig was one of the best overall I think we've ever done at The Standard :lol: No major equipment malfunctions, powerful onstage sound, great bass sound ( :lol: ), 'up-for-it' audience and lots of rock n roll!! :)

Cheers for coming to support us again!

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='767641' date='Mar 8 2010, 09:50 AM']yeah great show - great to hear the Kiss classics played by a (a)live band who know how to play them ! and Mrs Thunderbird was very impressed with the fire breathing too :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thankyou Sir! It's all good fun & I love seeing the reaction of new audience members when I come onstage with the 'fire stick'! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers for coming along and a big "Hello!" to Mrs Thunderbird :)

[quote name='cetera' post='772591' date='Mar 12 2010, 11:23 AM']Bumping for our April & May gigs....

[b]Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry'[/b] (this is one of our fave gigs!)
[b]Sat 17th April - Barnsley 'Birdwell'[/b] (first visit to this venue so any support would be appreciated!)

[b]Fri 7th May - Manchester 'Ritz'[/b] (Rock Radio 2nd B'day party.... with support from tributes to Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden & Metallica)

Hope to see some of you there :)[/quote]

I have the 7th May off its in between a Dublin and Manchester date on the tour so I'm going to bring 2 bands worth of people to the Ritz as a bit of a tour ender party :rolleyes:

How big of a set do you get to play?

[quote name='cetera' post='772591' date='Mar 12 2010, 11:23 AM']Bumping for our April & May gigs....

[b]Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry'[/b] (this is one of our fave gigs!)
[b]Sat 17th April - Barnsley 'Birdwell'[/b] (first visit to this venue so any support would be appreciated!)

[b]Fri 7th May - Manchester 'Ritz'[/b] (Rock Radio 2nd B'day party.... with support from tributes to Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden & Metallica)

Hope to see some of you there :)[/quote]

OH WOW! thats UNBELIEVABLE! You're on at Birdwell the Saturday before I am! I'll come up to see you on the 17th for SURE. Birdwell is like, 25 mins from my house.
I'm on there on the 24th with "Departure" Birdwell likes the Rock bands, so you'll do well. I hope they save some enthusiasm for us! LoL (It'll be our first time there (and only our second gig))

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='774938' date='Mar 15 2010, 08:57 AM']I have the 7th May off its in between a Dublin and Manchester date on the tour so I'm going to bring 2 bands worth of people to the Ritz as a bit of a tour ender party :rolleyes:

How big of a set do you get to play?[/quote]

We get an hour set... so just Greatest Hits with maybe a touch of firebreathing/blood... :)
Will be great to see you!

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='775899' date='Mar 16 2010, 01:53 AM']OH WOW! thats UNBELIEVABLE! You're on at Birdwell the Saturday before I am! I'll come up to see you on the 17th for SURE. Birdwell is like, 25 mins from my house.
I'm on there on the 24th with "Departure" Birdwell likes the Rock bands, so you'll do well. I hope they save some enthusiasm for us! LoL (It'll be our first time there (and only our second gig))[/quote]

Lovely stuff Andy! :)
We're slightly concerned to be honest as they don't see mto have a very good web presence and we haven't really seen the gig mentioned much anywhere.... our promo is gonna have to go into overload!

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping for our April & May gigs....

[b]Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry'[/b] (this is one of our fave gigs!) - Apparently this show is almost 'Sold Out' so if you're considering coming along please get your tickets soon!

Hope to see some of you there!

*UPDATE* - Apparently our Glasgow gig is almost 'Sold Out' so if you're considering coming along please get your tickets soon!

[quote name='Johnston' post='798062' date='Apr 6 2010, 09:25 PM']Do yous ever come across the water to NI??[/quote]

We played the Spring & Airbrake last year..... hope to return again in 2011! :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='802345' date='Apr 11 2010, 09:00 AM']Seen that one advertised, thought it was a local tribute band D'oh.[/quote]

No, your 'local' tribute band is called something else and they're....errr..... not very good... :)

[quote name='moonwarriors' post='805144' date='Apr 13 2010, 06:16 PM']Lookin forward to the Ferry
cheers
s.[/quote]

Cheers mate! Can't wait for the gig! :)
Support is from 'Gallus Cooper' - your local Alice Cooper tribute & helluva nice bunch of blokes....

Good gig at Birdwell last night buddy!

The audience were loving it!

Great bass sound and playing too. Puts me to shame...
I was a bit intimidated by a seven foot 'Gene Simmons' in full make up, (me being only 5'6)... So I hope you'll forgive me saying hi, and getting outta there. :)

Andy

[quote name='paul h' post='819145' date='Apr 26 2010, 12:02 PM']My wife wants to take me to Ronnie Scott's for my 40th this year. I think I might be submitting a Dressed to Kill gig as an alternative.[/quote]

You may have to travel a bit to see us then mate.... we don't have anything in the South East now for the rest of the year... :)