Why become a member? ×

Dressed To Kill (KISS Tribute) - New 2011 Gigs - See bottom of Page 12!

cetera

[quote name='beerdragon' post='582016' date='Aug 26 2009, 11:17 PM']I saw that you were at Music live this year. that's on a Sunday right. We usually go on a Saturday. might try get to that one though.[/quote]

Yep, we're on the Sunday afternoon. Each band is doing approx 40 mins from approx 11am.... and we're on at approx 3pm. Gonna be a Greatest Hits set with hopefully LOTS of pyro :)

Might go for a wander in full gear earlier in the day too.... see what 'endorsements' I can pick up! lol! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey cetera,

Myself and the wifey are hoping to come to your gig at the Diamond on the 3rd - however she had a question as I tried to persuade her to go...

Her favourite Kiss era is the late 80's (no idea why) and she was wondering if you played stuff like 'Crazy Crazy Nights' and 'God Gave Rock'n' Roll To You'?

I'm 70's all the way mind...

Jono

Edited by Jono

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='598329' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:59 PM']I'm hoping to get along to the Gasworks.

Don't know if you've been before - the dressing room's a bit naff but it's stocked with bottles of Carlsberg. Sadly the only bottle opener that was there is in my gig box!!!

It's the daddy of bassy sounding stages too.[/quote]

Excellent news Dr!!

So, you suggest a bit more 'mid' and less 'bass' on the Ampeg head /Boogie 2x15 then Sir?! :)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='598329' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:59 PM']I'm hoping to get along to the Gasworks.

Don't know if you've been before - the dressing room's a bit naff but it's stocked with bottles of Carlsberg. Sadly the only bottle opener that was there is in my gig box!!!

It's the daddy of bassy sounding stages too.[/quote]

+1000!!

A bit like playing [b]IN[/b] a bass bin, if I recall correctly. :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='598340' date='Sep 14 2009, 04:08 PM']Excellent news Dr!!

So, you suggest a bit more 'mid' and less 'bass' on the Ampeg head /Boogie 2x15 then Sir?! :)[/quote]

Nope. Turn it up and hit the f**kers - that's what I suggest !!!

Very low ceiling over the deep stage which is a mess of loose cables - afterthought dressing room behind made from MDF or similar. The get in's not bad because the joint isn't open but they close the outside yard off later meaning the get out's up 2 internal fire escapes. The house PA is big , loud and crude - the house lights are so so though I expect you'll use your own lights/pyros etc. A (sort of) safety curtain comes down in front of the stage which can hamper placement of kit like floor lights and flash bombs.

If you're off for a curry - which you should in Bradford - ignore the posy joints and go to the Kashmir beyond the Alhambra near the Photo Museum.

You're not wrong - it opened in December if I read it right. Doesn't seem that long since we played there.

I'll get back in touch - we only stopped doing it because of the dressing room and the lousy get out.

The good news is you're even closer to the Kashmir - look right out of the main door and you'll see it!!! The pub at the end of the street is where I got nabbed for being the Yorkshire ripper. I wasn't even old enough to have a beard then!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='598471' date='Sep 14 2009, 06:12 PM']The good news is you're even closer to the Kashmir - look right out of the main door and you'll see it!!! The pub at the end of the street is where I got nabbed for being the Yorkshire ripper. I wasn't even old enough to have a beard then!![/quote]

Crikey!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='599311' date='Sep 15 2009, 03:24 PM']Keep me updated on the Manchester gig I think I'd like to see this, do you do requests? I really want to hear Strutter and Lovegun :)[/quote]

No need for requests.... Love Gun will definitely be in there... Strutter - [i]maybe[/i]... :rolleyes:

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='599488' date='Sep 15 2009, 06:39 PM']When are you back in that London? MacWifey missed out last time, and I've a couple more mates who will be up for it - if the Victoria line is running :)[/quote]

Sat 6th March 2010 mate....
We were due to play in December but my wife & I have a baby due then! :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='598313' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:50 PM']Hey Jono!

She'll be happy because we will almost definitely play both of those :)

No worries for you though as there will be plenty of 70's classics, some deep cuts and very likely the new KISS song 'Modern Day Delilah'! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cheers for the reply.

Looking forward to it!

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

Had a wonderful time at the new Gasworks in Bradford & at Legends in Newcastle this past weekend! Great venues/crowds and plenty of laughs :)

So, now bumping for this coming weekend's gigs....

Fri 2 Oct 2009 Yardbirds, Grimsby
Sat 3 Oct 2009 The Diamond, Sutton-In-Ashfield

We will also, in conjunction with Roadrunner records, have lots of freebie promo posters/flyers for the new KISS album 'Sonic Boom' (due Oct 5th) available at both of these gigs.... and hopefully a full playback of the new album over the PA before we hit the stage!

Cheers Cetera for an ace night out on saturday!

Loved the look, sound, pyro's and fire breathing. Cold Gin was a highlight for me. Wifey was happy cos you played Crazy Crazy Nights and I was Made for Loving You. Top stuff. Had to leave early due to baby sitting but was pretty damn reluctant to go.

I can highly recommend Dressed to Kill to other BC'ers!!!

Jono

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='noirpunk' post='649841' date='Nov 9 2009, 05:13 PM']Cheers Gary, was good to meet you. Thanks a lot for the interview, thank Ash on my behalf also.
You played superbly, my mate was very very impressed.
I shall see you at the Cardiff show :)[/quote]

Cheers matey! It was our pleasure.

See you & your mate at Cardiff.... and please bring as many others with you as you can! This show is now an ALL AGES show (under 16's with an adult) and we should have some 'burlesque' dancers joining us onstage for a song or two... and maybe providing some entertainment before the show. :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='651626' date='Nov 11 2009, 02:15 PM']Cheers matey! It was our pleasure.

See you & your mate at Cardiff.... and please bring as many others with you as you can! This show is now an ALL AGES show (under 16's with an adult) and we should have some 'burlesque' dancers joining us onstage for a song or two... and maybe providing some entertainment before the show. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sounds good to me :)

Will they 'Take it off'? Christmas will be coming early!

[quote name='noirpunk' post='651833' date='Nov 11 2009, 05:58 PM']Sounds good to me :)

Will they 'Take it off'? Christmas will be coming early![/quote]

Not [i]all[/i] of it mate.... as under 16's are allowed in (with responsible adults) :rolleyes:

Backstage with us they might though! lol! :lol: :lol:

Edited by cetera