Why become a member? ×

Dressed To Kill (KISS Tribute) - New 2011 Gigs - See bottom of Page 12!

cetera

[quote name='cetera' post='472868' date='Apr 26 2009, 07:22 PM']Well that's a bunch of toss! ;o)

Hope to catch you next time! I think we're playing on the tiny stage at Legends in Newcastle later in the year and we're back at South Shields on Halloween![/quote]

I'll try and take a bit more notice next time. :)

FWIW I know someone who was at the gig and they loved it but unfortunately venue attendance is really hitting an all time low at the minute!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='472878' date='Apr 26 2009, 07:36 PM']I'll try and take a bit more notice next time. :rolleyes:

FWIW I know someone who was at the gig and they loved it but unfortunately venue attendance is really hitting an all time low at the minute![/quote]

Cheers, good to know we have another satisfied customer :D

Yep, the recession is biting attendance-wise for sure... :)

See you next time mate!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping for our shows coming up at:

[b]Camberley (Surrey) 'The Agincourt' - Friday 29th May[/b]

and

[b]London Walthamstow 'The Standard' - Saturday 30th May[/b]

Hope to see some of you at either!! :)

I'm in one of the support bands on Friday. :)

I just signed up here to buy a bass I've been after in the for sale section, and the seller tells me you post here.

It should be a really good turnout at The Ag, if facebook RSPVs are anything to go by anyway. Really nice venue too - with the most powerful smoke machine I've ever witnessed!

[quote name='Metallinen' post='497650' date='May 25 2009, 11:05 PM']I'm in one of the support bands on Friday. :rolleyes:

I just signed up here to buy a bass I've been after in the for sale section, and the seller tells me you post here.

It should be a really good turnout at The Ag, if facebook RSPVs are anything to go by anyway. Really nice venue too - with the most powerful smoke machine I've ever witnessed![/quote]

Cool! Will be great to meet you! :)

REALLY looking forward to this show.... but I think the smoke machine will be made redundant by our pyro! lol! :D :lol:

Hehe, you may be right there.

I caught one of your shows in Cardiff at The Point (RIP :)) in December or thereabouts, and was thoroughly impressed so jumped on the opportunity when we were asked to support this one. I remember seeing one of your techs almost get his face blown off by some of your pyro, hehe.

I'm actually the guitarist in the band but our bassist will be borrowing the bass I've bought. It's a Spector you'll be pleased to know. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Metallinen' post='499141' date='May 27 2009, 06:34 PM']Hehe, you may be right there.

I caught one of your shows in Cardiff at The Point (RIP :)) in December or thereabouts, and was thoroughly impressed so jumped on the opportunity when we were asked to support this one. I remember seeing one of your techs almost get his face blown off by some of your pyro, hehe.[/quote]

Ah, he was just showing off and pretending to be in danger! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Metallinen' post='499141' date='May 27 2009, 06:34 PM']I'm actually the guitarist in the band but our bassist will be borrowing the bass I've bought. It's a Spector you'll be pleased to know. :lol:[/quote]

Good man! That's what we like to hear :D

See you there!

Edited by cetera

[quote name='cetera' post='495253' date='May 22 2009, 03:23 PM']Bumping for our shows coming up at:

[b]Camberley (Surrey) 'The Agincourt' - Friday 29th May[/b]

and

[b]London Walthamstow 'The Standard' - Saturday 30th May[/b]

Hope to see some of you at either!! :)[/quote]

I WILL come and see you in Camberley if you do this one!!!

You didn't reply last time, so I'm going to keep asking :rolleyes:

Another great weekend! The Agincourt is now firmly set in our 'circuit'.... and the Victoria Line closures did nowt to affect our attendance at The Standard! Back o' the net! :rolleyes:

Great to see MacDaddy at The Standard.... thanks for coming mate! :)

Edited by cetera

[quote name='cetera' post='503019' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:59 PM']Another great weekend! The Agincourt is now firmly set in our 'circuit'.... and the Victoria Line closures did nowt to affect our attendance at The Standard! Back o' the net! :lol:

Great to see MacDaddy at The Standard.... thanks for coming mate! :)[/quote]

The line closures did affect your attendance at least a little... four of my mates called off because of it. :D

I had to shoot off during the encores to make my connection or I would have said hi after the gig. Very impressed with the fire breathing btw. :rolleyes:

Edited by Musky

[quote name='Musky' post='503033' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:17 PM']The line closures did affect your attendance at least a little... four of my mates called off because of it. :lol:

I had to shoot off during the encores to make my connection or I would have said hi after the gig. Very impressed with the fire breathing btw. :)[/quote]

Cheers Musky! Hope to say "Hi!" next time :rolleyes:
The fire breathing? Awwww it's just a little trick I learned along the way :D

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='503052' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:45 PM']Not just for KISS fans, a great rock show all round![/quote]

Cheers mate! :rolleyes:
That seems quite a common comment at our gigs.... lots of 'KISS fans' bring their 'non-fan' friends to our shows & they seem to love seeing the 'full production' in a club environment... :)

Edited by cetera

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard some great things about you...a few of my mates (Raymond, the big hairy dude from newbury-way, and some others) saw you t'other night and were raving about the epicness of your show :rolleyes: Believe the Hype People! These Guys Kick Arse!

[quote name='cetera' post='499883' date='May 28 2009, 02:18 PM']We WILL do the [i]proper[/i] version of it.... and a lot heavier! :lol:[/quote]

just put my mind at ease...what IS the proper version?! :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='514615' date='Jun 15 2009, 07:21 PM']I've heard some great things about you...a few of my mates (Raymond, the big hairy dude from newbury-way, and some others) saw you t'other night and were raving about the epicness of your show :rolleyes: Believe the Hype People! These Guys Kick Arse![/quote]

Crikey!! Thank you Sir! :blush: :blush: :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='cetera' post='562796' date='Aug 7 2009, 02:34 PM']So, here's the updated list for the rest of our gigs in 2009. Hope to see some of you!

21 Aug 2009 Fusion, Kirkwall, Orkney
22 Aug 2009 Skinandi's, Thurso, Scotland

11 Sept 2009 The Limelight, Crewe
12 Sept 2009 The River Rooms (formerly 'Rock Cafe 2000'), Stourbridge, W Midlands

25 Sept 2009 Gasworks, Bradford
26 Sept 2009 Legends, Newcastle

2 Oct 2009 Yardbirds, Grimsby
3 Oct 2009 The Diamond, Sutton-In-Ashfield

29 Oct 2009 Manchester Ritz t.b.c. (Rock Radio Halloween special with Alice Cooper tribute & more...)
30 Oct 2009 Glasgow t.b.c. (Rock Radio Halloween special with Alice Cooper tribute & more...)
31 Oct 2009 The Office, South Shields

8 Nov 2009 Music Live, Birmingham (live special with tributes to Iron Maiden, Megadeth, David Lee Roth, Megadeth & Guns n Roses)

13 Nov 2009 JB's, Dudley
14 Nov 2009 Fat Lil's, Oxford

20 Nov 2009 The Globe, Cardiff
21 Nov 2009 The Furnace, Swindon[/quote]

Watch yourselves at the Limelight on 11th September!!!

Things are going to hell in a hand basket there at the moment and it seems that even a contract evidenced in writing is absolutely no guarantee against being fleeced by the moron currently in charge. :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='564056' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:56 AM']Watch yourselves at the Limelight on 11th September!!!

Things are going to hell in a hand basket there at the moment and it seems that even a contract evidenced in writing is absolutely no guarantee against being fleeced by the moron currently in charge. :rolleyes: :)[/quote]

I've been watching that thread closely....

By all accounts we are the big boss' favourite (we even played his private birthday party) so I'd be surprised if they tried to pull that crap on us...
If they did, our lead guitarist is MORE than a little tasty with his fists.... and has a martial arts background too... :lol:

[quote name='cetera' post='565016' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:25 PM']I've been watching that thread closely....

By all accounts we are the big boss' favourite (we even played his private birthday party) so I'd be surprised if they tried to pull that crap on us...
If they did, our lead guitarist is MORE than a little tasty with his fists.... and has a martial arts background too... :lol:[/quote]

If by the "big boss" you mean the owner, he [b]IS[/b] the man who is responsible for all the crap going on at the moment.

He was very verbal in explaining to us how wealthy he was at the same time as being unable and unwilling to pay us our agreed fee and then accusing us of being unprofessional because we wouldn't play a 2 hour set for petrol expenses.:) :rolleyes:

A moron of truly epic proportions.

I hope he gets his just desserts in a very slow and agonising manner. :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...