Why become a member? ×

Dressed To Kill (KISS Tribute) - New 2011 Gigs - See bottom of Page 12!

cetera

[quote name='noirpunk' post='656174' date='Nov 16 2009, 06:02 PM']

Here's one of many photos my father got from the NEC. I'll get him to bung them on a CD and I shall pass them on to you in Cardiff.[/quote]

Haha! Rock n Roll eh?! Nothing I like better after a gig than a nice cuppa! :rolleyes:
Cheers mate - a CD of piccies would be lovely :)

[quote name='cetera' post='662515' date='Nov 23 2009, 11:29 AM']Thanks mate!!! So glad you enjoyed it.... you may have noticed I played some.... errr....'interesting' notes when my eyes were being diverted elsewhere by the dancers during 'Modern Day Delilah'! lol!!! :blush: :) :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I thought you all did remarkably well considering the on-stage distractions during that song. :rolleyes:

"Ace" was a total pro dealing with the various gremlins he had to contend with that evening as well.

Sorry I couldn't stick around to say hello - I had to be up for work at 4.30 the following morning.

Monster bass sound as well!

I'm proud to present the following dates for the first half of 2010:

[b][u]January[/u]
29th Camberley 'Agincourt'

[u]February[/u]
5th Bilston 'Robin RnB'
6th Sheffield 'Boardwalk'

[u]March[/u]
5th Cambridge 'Corn Exchange' "Masters Of Rock" with Limehouse Lizzy
6th London (Walthamstow) 'The Standard'

[u]April[/u]
16th Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry'
17th Barnsley 'Birdwell'

[u]May[/u]
7th Manchester 'The Ritz' - Rock Radio 2nd B'day Party with support from tributes to Guns n Roses, metallica & Iron Maiden![/b]

Edited by cetera

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the Robin gig on the 5th Feb.

At the moment it looks like it'll be a real family outing - me, my son, my daughter, her new BF and my missus.

I have always had a soft spot for Kiss, My daughter has just discovered them, my son is a total Bass nut and is hoping to get to see some classic rock, and Gene style basses, and the missus just loves live music - Pro, semi-pro, amateur, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='noirpunk' post='706558' date='Jan 9 2010, 01:56 PM'][url="http://www.kissonline.com/letters/"]http://www.kissonline.com/letters/[/url]

Have a look who's on the site :)[/quote]

Jarrad, you're a STAR!! :rolleyes:

Thanks matey!

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='707224' date='Jan 9 2010, 11:15 PM']I'll try to come to your London gig. I saw KISS in (I think) 1983, so I'll see if my memory will allow me to make comparisons :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well, we'll be wearing make-up/costumes so that'll be the biggest difference (they were 'unmasked' in 1983) :lol:

Would be great to see you Jerry! :)

Edited by cetera

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping for our upcoming gigs - beginning this weekend!

[b][u]January[/u]
29th Camberley 'Agincourt'

[u]February[/u]
5th Bilston 'Robin RnB'
6th Sheffield 'Boardwalk'

[u]March[/u]
5th Cambridge Corn Exchange 'Masters Of Rock' with Limehouse Lizzy
6th London (Walthamstow) 'The Standard'

[u]April[/u]
16th Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry'
17th Barnsley 'Birdwell' [/b]

On behalf of myself and my family, I just want to say "Thank You" for great night at The Robin in Bilston.

After the bass solo and God Of Thunder - you could have fallen off stage and crushed me with those boots - and I would have died a happy bunny

You all really put your hearts and souls into that performance, and I can honestly say, I haven't enjoyed a gig so much in many, many years.

My daughter was on such a high after the show, she couldn't shut up about you, and your performance as Gene - she wanted to take you home and keep you as her pet Demon...... :)

I would have liked to stay longer to chat a bit more - but I was nearly four hours late taking my meds, and the pain was getting to me a bit.

anyway - thanks again for a memorable night, and for the chance for my daughter to get a photo with you - A great musician, a great performer and an all round good guy.

[quote name='arsenic' post='736978' date='Feb 6 2010, 10:17 AM']On behalf of myself and my family, I just want to say "Thank You" for great night at The Robin in Bilston.

After the bass solo and God Of Thunder - you could have fallen off stage and crushed me with those boots - and I would have died a happy bunny

You all really put your hearts and souls into that performance, and I can honestly say, I haven't enjoyed a gig so much in many, many years.

My daughter was on such a high after the show, she couldn't shut up about you, and your performance as Gene - she wanted to take you home and keep you as her pet Demon...... :)

I would have liked to stay longer to chat a bit more - but I was nearly four hours late taking my meds, and the pain was getting to me a bit.

anyway - thanks again for a memorable night, and for the chance for my daughter to get a photo with you - A great musician, a great performer and an all round good guy.[/quote]

Jono & Arsenic...
Wow....!! :blush: :blush: :) Thank you SO much....

We had a wonderful weekend which, to be honest, was as much down to the crowd reaction/enthusiasm/interaction as anything, so Thank YOU!
.....and Arsenic - please say a big "Hello" to your daughter from her 'Pet Demon' (lol!)

Next stop for us are two more cracking gigs....

[b]Fri 5th March - Cambridge 'Corn Exchange' (Double headliner with 'Limehouse Lizzy'!)
Sat 6th March - Walthamstow (London) 'The Standard'[/b]

and then onto -
[b]Fri 16th April - Glasgow 'Renfrew Ferry' (this is one of our fave gigs!)
Sat 17th April - Barnsley 'Birdwell' - first visit to this venue[/b]

More info at:
[url="http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk"]Dressed To Kill website[/url]
[url="http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk"]Our Myspace[/url]
[url="http://www.facebook.com/kisstributeuk"]Our Facebook[/url]

Thanks for all your support, it's amazing the reaction we are still getting after 20 years!

• 2 weeks later...