Why become a member? ×

Scotland/North of England Bassbash

skelf

I have not asked anyone to give a talk but the idea of the occasional break would be good I think for all concerned. There is also the set at the end of the day which I would like people to stay for not end up with 3 people more than is in the band which would be a real pity.
Having been to few of these I thought the levels at Harrogate were pretty reasonable and never really noticed it becoming a problem maybe I am becoming immune. But as with all these type of things it needs people to be reasonable and someone determined to play at volume means everyone else starts to do the same which really does become a problem. The odd blast at an increased volume is to be expected in order for someone to get the feel of a piece of gear at gig levels but as long as it is not a protracted session it is no problem.

If people just want a bash to try out gear let me know or would you prefer a day with some other distractions going on.
Personally I was hoping to get an event started with possibly a talk on some bass related subject and I like the idea of a set from a band at the end of the day. But if people are not interested in this let me know now please.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='skelf' post='430897' date='Mar 10 2009, 07:31 PM']It will bo on the 19th of April that seems to be the date that suits the majority.
If you know anyone else that might be interested please spread the word.

Alan[/quote]
Cheers, it's marked on the calendar now :)

[quote name='jacko' post='430918' date='Mar 10 2009, 07:56 PM']I'm interested in this and could probably interest my usual Bass Day companion. Could bring a collection of different basses and rigs.[/quote]

More than welcome and bring anyone else you think might be interested.
Alan

Some pics of the venue. We have the stage area and the foyer. The stage area goes back about another 12' from the props so should be plenty of room for gear. We will also be able to set up in the foyer as well if needed.

ACG will cover the cost of the rental of the venue. There will be a small charge to be decided in order to raise some cash for the theatre and the local school music department.

Cheers
Alan

Edited by skelf

Just to throw my hat in the ring... Moffat is less that an hour away from me and I'll try and make it down. If anybody wants me to cart along any of my somewhat dull collection I'm perfectly happy to (see footnote thingy). Also if anybody needs a lift from the Lanarkshire area you need but ask.

[quote name='funkle' post='444783' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:13 AM']I'm in. It's the 19th from 11.00, right?

Pete[/quote]

I believe so dude.
I'll have my 33" Shukers for you to finally have a go of too :)

Cheers,
Eude

Details.
11 to possibly 6 on the 19/04/09.
There will be a small cover charge to raise some cash for the local school music department and for the theatre group who's hall we are using.
This insures we get the hall at the charity rate and not the commercial rate.

Unfortunately Chris May from Overwater can't make it but I will see if I can get anyone else from Overwater to maybe come up with a few basses.

Alan

[quote name='eude' post='444791' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:16 AM']I believe so dude.
I'll have my 33" Shukers for you to finally have a go of too :)

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Yay! Thanks Eude.

I'll bring my Acme B2 for people to have a go with, if they fancy.

Pete