Why become a member? ×

Scotland/North of England Bassbash

skelf

Curry sounds good.

We'll be coming down [url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=aberdeen&daddr=56.10881,-3.938599+to:moffat&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=8&via=1&sll=56.230705,-3.07359&sspn=2.253546,4.493408&ie=UTF8&z=8"]this[/url] way. I can offer a lift for someone plus bass anywhere along the blue line.

[quote name='skelf' post='445767' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:36 AM']a car load coming up from Cumbria on the Saturday for a curry and a pint or two.

Alan[/quote]

Indeed..... :rolleyes:

I'll bring the North/South divide phrasebook.....basically its a big megaphone so we can try and be louder than you Scots in the pub :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right then I'm making another road trip to Scotland for this so I'll be traveling from Ross-on-Wye up the M50 then the M4 through Birmingham, M5 through manchester onto and off the M6. I'm going up saterday for the early gathering so if anyone wants to join us, and is around my route I'll offer pickup. Lifts home on sunday are easier as I'll be running away at the same time as everyone else :)

Good to see people again cya at the weekend chaps :rolleyes:

P.S I'm bringing a guitarist with me don't hold it against him he's rather a nice chap, and good on bass too (the fact he's better than me will be left out of all conversion thankyou very much)

[quote name='Sugden' post='462375' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:41 PM']I'm guessing here but there might be a few other basses there to play, if your's don't make it :rolleyes: [b]I'll even let you play one of mine for a second or two...[/b][/quote]
That's frightfully decent of you sah. :)

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Sugden' post='462375' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:41 PM']I'm guessing here but there might be a few other basses there to play, if your's don't make it :rolleyes: I'll even let you play one of mine for a second or two...[/quote]

A go on my Shukers for a go of your ACGs? :)

Eude

It will be good to see you Mark.

A few more points.
Please bring the odd extension cable for your amps etc.
There will also be a take-a-way menu supplied by the local cafe. This will be available all day just phone in your order.

Alan

Last shout for a lift from reet oop north (room for 1). Probably take the western route (Aberdeen>Stirling>Glasgow>Moffat) but as I had a gig in G/gow last weekend and just drove that way already I'd easy be up for coming down the east side (Aberdeen>Edinburgh>Moffat) if needed - it's six and half a dozen to me.

Well, had great weekend roadtrip. Went up for the Saturday night, had a great night drinking beer and eating curry and talking nonsense till 3.30am...sugden went to bed around 9.30 with his slippers and ovaltine... :rolleyes:

Hats off to Alan for being a damn good host, and organising a great room :) Its a great location, easy to find, easy to load in and separate quite place to try out stuff without the war volume

It was just a shame that more people did not turn up to help start off what could turn into a [i]really [/i]good event. .....basschaters....you is one lame set of monkeys...!!!

Hey ho, it was a small turnout but to be fair still a cracking weekend.

Highlight for me (other than the superb curry) was the curry...no wait...probably noodling on 7strings 9 string. surprisingly easy to play, and it sounded stunning.

Alans DR Bass cab sounded great as did Ou7shined's Schroeder.

Shuttle 6 - any body say lightweight !! not to mention the ludicrously bright set of Blue LED's.

Great to meet and chat with Ou7shined, neepheid Eude, 7string (never met these guys before - top chaps, and great players)

Very nice collection of basses to be played even with the modest turnout.

Only thing is my head was still hurting from the massive lack of sleep and excess Beer.......

Dave

Not long back in for our road trip. I'd just like to say that I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend - great to meet new people, try out some rather fancy gear, eat some curry and quaff a few beers.

A bit disappointed at the turnout - Moffat's not that far from Glasgow (or Edinburgh) and I really thought that we'd get an infux from these places but nada.

Big thanks to Alan for hosting us and organising an excellent venue for us. Also thanks to him for showing us his workshop and talking shop.

I honestly feel like I improved as a bass player over the weekend. There's something in not wanting to look like a fool to apply the pressure to step up a gear :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='467111' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:41 PM']Big thanks to Alan for hosting us and organising an excellent venue for us.[/quote]

+1 :rolleyes:

The turnout could have been higher but a great afternoon nonetheless.

Really enjoyed meeting you all, talking all things bass and playing with/thru some great stuff! There was a real mix of instruments and amps which you definitely wouldn't find down the local music store. :)

Here's to the next one.