Why become a member? ×

New gear NAMM 2009

casapete

;)

I saw that MarkBass have a modular amp system coming out. You buy a chassis which contains the power amp (different wattages available) then choose which pre, eq and output section you want. Say you want a graphic eq instead of parametric, you just take the graphic out and put the other one in.

There are 6 or so choices from each category, so loads of possible combinations. You can even switch modules when the amp is on.

I did see a You Tube clip about this, but can't find it again!!

The Stuart Zender Warwick looks very nice, but I'm still surprised there actually [i]is[/i] one. Warwick don't seem to be the easiest company to work with by all accounts, and Stuart hasn't even been using one for some time. Any road, it looks smart enough.

Not sure if it was an introduction at Namm, and not that I'm interested in it as a purchase......
.....but the new Fender Steve Bailey 6 string looks kinda cool!

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

Available in fretless as well obviously ;)

Si

*edited for the right bass player name HA*

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='Sibob' post='391806' date='Jan 26 2009, 02:36 PM']Not sure if it was an introduction at Namm, and not that I'm interested in it as a purchase......
.....but the new Fender Victor Bailey 6 strings looks kinda cool!

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

Available in fretless as well obviously ;)

Si[/quote]

Steve Bailey, surely...?

[quote name='7string' post='389575' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:13 PM'];)

I saw that MarkBass have a modular amp system coming out. You buy a chassis which contains the power amp (different wattages available) then choose which pre, eq and output section you want. Say you want a graphic eq instead of parametric, you just take the graphic out and put the other one in.

There are 6 or so choices from each category, so loads of possible combinations. You can even switch modules when the amp is on.

I did see a You Tube clip about this, but can't find it again!![/quote]

Yes that is cool, but it was actually launched at the Musik Messe last year in Frankfurt, I reported on it for BGM in the subsiquent issue of BGM, Markbass obviously only just got round to launching it in the US... it's a very cool unit though :P

M