Why become a member? ×

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Well my £40 'Sennheiser' IE300s arrived and they work, so that was a good start. And the box came "fully laden" with all the gubbins you might expect of the real thing including a choice of silicone and memory foam tips

Actually a better over ear fit than the KS ZS10 Pros 

Don't seem to have quite the same volume of the ZS10 Pros which is minus, but a slightly less boomy bottom end which is a plus

I'll probably continue with the ZS10 Pros for live use for now. But these are a decent back up to have

Just wonder if Sennheiser would be able to confirm whether the units being sold from the Sennheiser Digital Store are genuine - I'm very tempted to ask them, be good to know either way. The price appears to have gone back up to around £95 (inc P&P) since I ordered mine.

Nice one. 

When i (and Dawn) first tried ours, there was a noticeable different tone signature. Ive never liked the KZ’s so i was coming from others, but ive still used them a few times. We both agreed that while they are a bit quieter (not a problem at all), they are both more refined and musical. Less fatiguing over a long gig/rehearsal.

Nothing that didnt take very little time to adjust to, but as you’ve noticed, easier to wear, which was the big deal for me at least.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Well my £40 'Sennheiser' IE300s arrived and they work, so that was a good start. And the box came "fully laden" with all the gubbins you might expect of the real thing including a choice of silicone and memory foam tips

Actually a better over ear fit than the KS ZS10 Pros 

Don't seem to have quite the same volume of the ZS10 Pros which is minus, but a slightly less boomy bottom end which is a plus

I'll probably continue with the ZS10 Pros for live use for now. But these are a decent back up to have

Just wonder if Sennheiser would be able to confirm whether the units being sold from the Sennheiser Digital Store are genuine - I'm very tempted to ask them, be good to know either way. The price appears to have gone back up to around £95 (inc P&P) since I ordered mine.

I too ordered a pair, and certainly all the packaging and bits looked genuine. 

Even if I don't use them, a back up pair for £40 isn't bad

• Like 1

Admittedly, this quote made be laugh inside.

“We had it out on over 70 shows with Mötley Crüe, from the prototype all the way to the finished product; it worked perfectly for those guys and allowed them to perform on a higher level,”

As much as I love the Crue, I'd hardly trust them as a barometer of performance excellence these days.

Edited by Greg Edwards69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Admittedly, this quote made be laugh inside.

“We had it out on over 70 shows with Mötley Crüe, from the prototype all the way to the finished product; it worked perfectly for those guys and allowed them to perform on a higher level,”

As much as I love the Crue, I'd hardly trust them as a barometer of performance excellence these days.

To be fair, the backing tapes sounded awesome. Vince's voice, not so much... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

‘A higher level’? What on earth does that mean?

Are we to assume all bands that use these will instantly play better somehow, even if using top end gear already which i assume bands like MC are already doing. 
That quote makes the whole thing a bit cheesy for me, i will not be equipping the band with them now 😂

• Like 2

I don't think you can reliably measure. With tips, fit is so changeable, I think it's just a case of buying a load and trying them to see which works best for you.

For example, if you see yourself as a M in one brand, you may get better results with a S in another (due to lying and sealing deeper in the ear).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

I don't think you can reliably measure. With tips, fit is so changeable, I think it's just a case of buying a load and trying them to see which works best for you.

For example, if you see yourself as a M in one brand, you may get better results with a S in another (due to lying and sealing deeper in the ear).

I think he means the stem size, as in how they fit to the IEM. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gorandelac said:

Hey guys need help...

I want to buy better ear tips from my kz zs10 pro x, just can find what is the inside diameter... which ones to buy? Any pointers? I want a foam ones not the silicone

Look back in this thread (or use the search). Many of us have gone for better tips like Comply or the cheaper brands for the KZ’s. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2023 at 09:57, Greg Edwards69 said:

Wow. Starting at $ 4,499.00

https://jhaudio.com/iem/JHA-UIEM-RPB

A set of high quality hearing aids will set you back £2500 - £3500, so these being in that ball park does not surprise me.

I'm currently on my third or fourth monitoring setup intended to mimic the eq curve of my hearing aids, so there is a market there.

David

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gorandelac said:

Hey guys need help...

I want to buy better ear tips from my kz zs10 pro x, just can find what is the inside diameter... which ones to buy? Any pointers? I want a foam ones not the silicone

I use the comply foam tips, I'm pretty sure you'll need 500 core size but the full compatibility chart can be downloaded here:

https://complyfoam.com.au/compatibility/#:~:text=Comply™ Foam Tips are,or see compatibility chart below.

• Like 2

On 26/02/2023 at 20:21, EBS_freak said:

Worth noting that 823-832 is part of the shared mic license (fee based) as opposed to the 863-865 free, no license required, frequencies.

I've just bought a Sennheiser XSW IEM setup that operates in the 823-832MHz band. I've signed up with OfCom as a PMSE casual user and looked at buying a licence before I venture out to use it live. Unhelpfully, there is no mention of this band alongside the UHF Channel 38 licence, except they say 'Channel 69: the band 790 - 862 MHz (including Channel 69) was cleared of PMSE use from 1st January 2013.' As I understand it, 823-832MHz was added in 2015. Is the OfCome website really that out-of-date or am I missing something? I think I'll give them a call!

• Like 1