Why become a member? ×

Gail Ann Dorsey

neilb

[quote name='chris_b' date='Aug 6 2007, 12:44 PM' post='41916']
She hasn't! Gail is now playing MTD basses.

MB1. :)

Shes still got that white stingray 4 by the way! Ive got one too,for sale in the Basses for sale section! :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='41788' date='Aug 6 2007, 07:53 AM']I was reminded of a mellower version of Skin...
...maybe its just the shaved head.[/quote]

Talking of Skin... One of the high points of my 'career' was doing a bit of recording on some tracks for a film in preproduction. The singer on the tracks was Skin - what a great voice.

Didn't meet her of course. She did her bits in her house in Ibiza and I did my bits in a dingy bedroom in Leeds. The film never got made... Funny old world isn't it.

Still I've got a very rare Skin track on CD somewhere - might be worth a bob or two!

David

She's great isn't she?
I have a very good solo album of hers called "I used to Be".
I ordered it from HMV a couple of years ago and thoroughly recommend it. Cracking voice , good songs and top bass playing of course.
Whenever I've watched Bowie I can't take my eyes of her! I'm really surprised that she isn't a bigger as a solo artist.
Here is her site: [url="http://www.gailanndorsey.com/"]http://www.gailanndorsey.com/[/url]

• 2 years later...

Went to a small venue in Bristol last night (St Bonaventure Parish Social Club) to see singer/songwriter Jonatha Brooke. She often performs solo, but last night she was playing with a band. The guitarist and drummer and singer come on, and I thinks, aw no bass player? Then on comes the bass player, and it's Gail Ann Dorsey. No kidding! She played beautifully, just playing the songs, and with backing vocals that rivalled the lead artists voice. Had to pinch myself several times, and the g/f got a little bored with my wows! Met Gail afterwards as she packed away her own kit! Really friendly and chatty.

2 more dates left on the tour, Bush Hall in London tonight and The Stable in Milton Keynes on Sunday. They go on to play Europe then the US.

[url="http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/77453/Jonatha_Brooke.html"]http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/77453/Jonatha_Brooke.html[/url]

[quote name='Paul_C' post='750708' date='Feb 19 2010, 11:44 AM']I'll be at the Stables gig on Sunday - I've seen Jonatha solo there before and was delighted to see that she was bringing a band this time, even more so when I saw it was Gail on bass.

:)[/quote]

Ooooo, maybe I'll try and get to The Stables, do you know if it's sold out.....I'll check lol

*edit*
Not sold out

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='750710' date='Feb 19 2010, 11:46 AM']Ooooo, maybe I'll try and get to The Stables, do you know if it's sold out.....I'll check lol

*edit*
Not sold out

Si[/quote]

Go....the show in Bristol was not packed. Really intimate. What's the Stables like?

[quote name='Huwberry' post='750738' date='Feb 19 2010, 12:03 PM']Wow, this thread is OLLLLLD.

Thanks for resurrecting it though. I hadn't seen that before - it's ace!![/quote]

I should have created a new one, but it's always worth catching that vid.

But if anyone can make the 2 remaining UK shows (Bush Hall in London tonight, and Stables, MK Sun) and wants to catch GAD up close and personal, this is your chance.

[quote name='Oxblood' post='42027' date='Aug 6 2007, 03:16 PM']Reminded me of HS too at first, but the longer I listened, the more I realised that she leaves that[b] one-note honker [/b]drowning in her wake. Next to Dorsey, HS sounds like bleedin' foghorn.

What a range! :)[/quote]

Fantastic...... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
I could not agree more...

GAD is superb.

Garry