Why become a member? ×

Using the classifieds

lushuk

[quote name='Kev' post='382928' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:00 AM']is there any real reason why the sales forums cannot be seperated into many subforums, like say the Basschat Affiliates forum is?? It would obviously greatly reduce the need to bump, i mean it could even get as detailed as a 4 string bass subforum and a 5 string bass subforum, maybe a little ott but as i say is there any reason why not?? I cant imagine it would be any more difficult to moderate, just alot more organised.[/quote]

This.

[quote name='Kev' post='382928' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:00 AM']is there any real reason why the sales forums cannot be seperated into many subforums, like say the Basschat Affiliates forum is?? It would obviously greatly reduce the need to bump, i mean [b]it could even get as detailed as a 4 string bass subforum and a 5 string bass subforum[/b], maybe a little ott but as i say is there any reason why not?? I cant imagine it would be any more difficult to moderate, just alot more organised.[/quote]

I'd go for that.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='384385' date='Jan 18 2009, 09:30 PM']I definitely agree about splitting up amps and effects. I don't see these going together. Amps & cabs i don't mind.[/quote]
It makes sense as it mirrors the Gear subforums.

Only one problem with splitting into 4 strings 5 strings etc is that what if someone is looking to trade their 4 string for a 5 string? Would it go under 4 or 5 or would it go in a completely different 'trades' subforum where it begins to get very messy?

I've found in the past that if something that has been on but not added to in a while is bumped, someone may not have noticed it first time round. Another possibility is that since GAS is such a large variable, maybe what no one wanted last week, a dozen people want this week.

One annoying thing is that if there is something that you are after and you see that it has been updated, you want to check it. Usually its to see if they've added pictures, reduced the price or provided some more information so a bump to that person is about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit as it gets their hopes up.

I've seen people looking for stuff in the wanted section that had been in the for sale section a couple of weeks ago but is now on the 4th page so someone hasn't spotted it there.

I'd be up for a more definitive bumparoo rule. If I've been guilty for it in the past, its had nothing to do with GAS but being skint.

Things seem to have slowed down a bit so stuff is staying on the first page for longer meaning less need for bumpolas.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='386993' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:28 PM']Just seen a For Sale Effects forum pop up so I guess change is coming ;)[/quote]

I might have to use it if I can’t get rid of the hiss from my pedalboard…

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Also the other thing that gets me goat is like a recent advert that said "these cost £200 new" erm no they don't £117 from ***** but we cant point it out to potential buyers cause its against the rules, where as wouldn it be better to help fellow board members out and protect them from the dreamprice brigade?
Ed

[quote name='lushuk' post='398566' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:00 AM']Also the other thing that gets me goat is like a recent advert that said "these cost £200 new" erm no they don't £117 from ***** but we cant point it out to potential buyers cause its against the rules, where as wouldn it be better to help fellow board members out and protect them from the dreamprice brigade?
Ed[/quote]
A polite PM to the seller may work. ;)

<edit>Just checked the guidelines, PM'ing the seller about the price is perfectly acceptable (providing you are polite about it)

Edited by Tinman