Why become a member? ×

Greetings from That London

DM Plucker

Hello All.

First picked up the bass last summer. Put it back down again. Picked it back up the right way around.

Did my first gig (I say gig, we did a five song set to about 40 people in a small room in a working man's club) just over a week ago. When it was over I felt simultaneously relieved to have got through it and dying to do it again.

I'm currently using a very budget set-up consisting of a Revelation PJ and a Rumble 25, which I'm pretty happy with for now, at least until the inevitable world tour requires me to buy a bigger amp. 

Thanks for having me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Hi DMP, can't wait for the world tour in 80 minutes, a guided guide to two gigs in a row in a small room. :dash1:

Woaaah there - one step at a time, my friend. With a bit more practice I could probably manage one and a bit gigs in a medium-ish room. 

If I'd have known I'd be put under so much pressure I would never have joined up, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Welcome sir...

I hear good things about those Revelations...many fewer "bad" basses produced now than when I was a kid...but then square wheels were fashionable then..😎

Thanks mate. Yes, the Revelation seems pretty good. I thought I'd be looking to upgrade by now, but I'm still quite happy with it. You can tell it hasn't been created in an artisan's workshop, but then again you could say the same about me. 

• Haha 1