Why become a member? ×

CSL Plexi Bass

basskit_case

12 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

A mate of mine had a CSL Jazz copy and it was a great bass, seems their whole range was good.

Funnily enough, this is the one I'd save in a fire. A bit modded but it's a beast, nicest neck I've played on anything.

CSLresize1.thumb.jpg.ca6d09d79befd551aa91504c9c4669e7.jpg

It is a re-badged Cimar, as I expect the h/h hardtail Strat @Meddle talked about was.

1982_Cimar_Classic_Fork_01.jpg

• Like 2

On 01/11/2019 at 16:25, basskit_case said:

Now sold, was £499.

Will keep looking.

Well, its a NBD for me, despite throwing you all off the scent with the above post (in case you all told me it was a dog and not worth it!) I bought the bass.

Put it on the scales and it comes in at just under 10lbs.

The hardcase that came with it has seen better days but the bass itself is very clean, nice example and sounds huge!

Thanks for your input and reading suggestions, its sad to see that the company is no more and the company that one of the sons started has also closed down now due to his retirement.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Anyone disappointed in missing out on this might - I said might - just be interested in this, fresh from Chinaland.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starshine-High-Quality-Electric-Bass-with-Colorful-LED-Light-Acrylic-Body/293224346909

Lighty-uppy twinkly LEDs. Oooh!

Looks like moderately competent copy...apartment from the Christmas tree bits.

56 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Anyone disappointed in missing out on this might - I said might - just be interested in this, fresh from Chinaland.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starshine-High-Quality-Electric-Bass-with-Colorful-LED-Light-Acrylic-Body/293224346909

Lighty-uppy twinkly LEDs. Oooh!

I want one for the Christmas Eve glow sticks service!

*candles being a problem when the church is full of under 5s

I showed this to a couple of mates for a laugh. Which they all duly did, until one of them suggested we get a posse together and each put in for a £50 share., so  we can each use it on occasional gigs. A bit like owning a racehorse, and probably as heavy.

What have I started??

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/11/2019 at 22:03, Richard R said:

I showed this to a couple of mates for a laugh. Which they all duly did, until one of them suggested we get a posse together and each put in for a £50 share., so  we can each use it on occasional gigs. A bit like owning a racehorse, and probably as heavy.

What have I started??

Description for that says 6.8kg!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...