Why become a member? ×

FLANKER you ............?

Flanker

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='360366' date='Dec 21 2008, 06:00 PM']Well, myself and Flanker met at a service station yesterday and - somewhat surprisingly given our reputations - didn't buy, sell, trade or PX anything :) Interestingly though, he seemed to be about to trade one of his kids fo a bass, which seems a great idea :rolleyes:
Anyway, seemed like a bloody nice chap and I'm sure we'll do business one day!
Chris[/quote]

Well, guess what, we finally did a deal. I handed over some of the folding, whilst Steve in return handed over two rather lovely Bag End S15-Ds. As I said above, a top bloke and a total pleasure to deal with. We discussed everything from the seemingly relentless drive towards smallness & lightness in bass gear, to the benefits - real or imagined - of having a pilot with a public school accent!

Great chap and I look forward to doing business again at some stage.

Cheers Steve

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I Just sold my peavey alpha valve pre amp to Steve. The transaction was smoother than Tippi-Toes (The Meters), and as hassle-free as Lively Up Yourself (Marley). And like playing bass on the Pussy Cat Dolls tour (i wish), it's something i'd definitely do again.

Pleasure doing business, one to trust!

Rich

[quote name='richrips' post='755374' date='Feb 23 2010, 07:46 PM']I Just sold my peavey alpha valve pre amp to Steve. The transaction was smoother than Tippi-Toes (The Meters), and as hassle-free as Lively Up Yourself (Marley). And like playing bass on the Pussy Cat Dolls tour (i wish), it's something i'd definitely do again.

Pleasure doing business, one to trust!

Rich[/quote]

NURSE - He's out of bed again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An excellent way to spend a Friday morning - playing through some gorgeous high-end kit while swopping bits of it. :)

Steve now has my 74/75 Precision + my Digam 2004, and I now have his Alleva Coppolo KBP5.

Very nice guy, a delight to deal with.

Incredibly understanding wife, too. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Popped over to meet Steve at his house this morning to part ex my 2 old Trace cabs plus a wad of cash for his TecAmp M212.

Steve is honest, friendly and really down to earth.
He made me feel very welcome as we executed our dodgy deal and chewed the fat on pretty much everything.

What a top bloke in every respect!

Sid.

• 3 weeks later...

I met up with Steve last night to pick up a lovely looking Aguilar DB750 - unfortunately we got on so well that we nattered too long and I didn't get home in time to be able to try it out for fear of waking my ever suffering wife :)

Great guy, super friendly and as very easy to deal with - buy, sell or trade with confidence where Steve is concerned!