Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Special! *SOLD*
£1500
Margate

jay-syncro

Next up for grabs is my beautiful Musicman Stingray Special. This is the latest iteration of one of the best basses ever made. The modifications and upgrades made to the Special basses really are a substantial step up in terms of overall quality and tonal flexibility, plus they don't weigh as much as a heavy thing anymore! The roasted maple neck is absolutely gorgeous, it feels slimmer/faster than my previous Stingrays. The bespoke hardware is spot on, lightweight but substantial, and the electronics are super quiet and refined, while still allowing you to go into Stingray widow-maker mode when required! 

This bass is in in amazing condition, still has the plastic film on the scratchplate!

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 12

On 08/09/2019 at 19:39, jay-syncro said:

I should add that the stickers on the back are as supplied from new. Never got round to peeling them off 🤠

Aargh! I have an overwhelming compulsion to remove stickers and protective film - I'm coming round yours NOW!!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

An eagle eyed Basschatter noticed that the string alignment looked slightly off in the original photos. I can confirm that the bridge saddles were slightly off-centre (they aren't fixed to anything at the saddle end). A quick nudge and all is well again. 10 OCD points awarded to said Basschatter 😁

IMG_20191005_102210.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

An eagle eyed Basschatter noticed that the string alignment looked slightly off in the original photos. I can confirm that the bridge saddles were slightly off-centre (they aren't fixed to anything at the saddle end). A quick nudge and all is well again. 10 OCD points awarded to said Basschatter 😁

IMG_20191005_102210.jpg

Yeah, I imagine it’s to do with the omission of the massive studs from the old bridge design.

Very beautiful bass, all the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...