Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

Thanks but I have no idea how to record my bass and I am heading off into the European heatwave tomorrow! Maybe I can step in during July/August ... once I have figured out the technology bit!

Edited by Clarky

3 hours ago, steantval said:

Sorry, as previously mentioned, I have no access to SoundCloud, I’ll keep guessing the bass lines though.

I will have to pass this on to someone else to put one on.

You can just record and MP3 on you phone and upload it here - it has to be downloaded to play it though.

God only knows what this crap I found on my hard drive is, bu I think it dates from the 1980s...  😫

Pedwar_Random Bits.mp3

Should clarify this is not a  bassline to be identified, it's just some random guitar and someone hitting a box. Done badly.

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, steantval said:

Sorry, as previously mentioned, I have no access to SoundCloud, I’ll keep guessing the bass lines though.

I will have to pass this on to someone else to put one on.

Sorry, you did say that.

How about this folks  if you win but can't play for whatever reason you nominate another BCer. Might drag new blood into our little game.. 

• Like 1

It's that Chaka Khan song, isn't it? Can't remember the title but it's sampled from the Fatback Band's "Do the Bus Stop".

Disclaimer: I'm currently camping in a field near Caernarfon so am unable to contribute a new clip.

Edit: very nicely played too! 👍🏻

Edited by Johnny Wishbone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

It's that Chaka Khan song, isn't it? Can't remember the title but it's sampled from the Fatback Band's "Do the Bus Stop".

Disclaimer: I'm currently camping in a field near Caernarfon so am unable to contribute a new clip.

Edit: very nicely played too! 👍🏻

Yay!

Thanks Johnny.

You win first prize -- a visit to Cearnafon castle (as long as it's free to get in!). 😀

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Whooo that's very precise playing!

Cheers Neil, One of the few benefits of practice! 😀

It's one of those that needs to be bob on, and I'm not quite there with it yet...  quite interesting, when I picked it up the other day - I can't play the main bit across the strings without it sounding rough, so I played it just on the D string... I assume that's how the original was played, but with the addition of a little palm damping.

Funky little line, though. 👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1