Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

No idea right now, going need a few more listens. Far from killing it, you've kept it rolling. We will be heroes when this thread is 50 years old and still going strong. We few who were here at the beginning. Statues, I should imagine, are not out of the question.

BTW I love the line wherever it's from, well played.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

No idea right now, going need a few more listens. Far from killing it, you've kept it rolling. We will be heroes when this thread is 50 years old and still going strong. We few who were here at the beginning. Statues, I should imagine, are not out of the question.

BTW I love the line wherever it's from, well played.

Oh the adulation, I can hardly wait. Thanks for the kind comment.

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Especially love that little descending line from about 11 seconds. Something Detroitish about it...

Without giving away too much there's an Anglo-Teutonic-American mix. Also (and here's a big giveaway) a Michael Jackson connection.

5 hours ago, paul_c2 said:

Is it "Ready to Go" by Republica?

Frayed knot.

Thanks from reminding me of that song though. Haven’t listened to that in ages and its ace.

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Oh god. I think I might know the band... 

Getting warmer then?

3 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I've made a Soundcloud account, and I'll by trying to do an upload later on - in anticipation of getting a question right! 👍

Please can you keep the  ball rolling for us? We didn't have a winner last time so we need someone to upload one... 

• Like 1

Alright, I know Neil's bassline, but I've been up half the night recording, and the other half the night trying to export a bit of a track out of Reaper as an mp3.

So that if I'm right, I can take a turn.

Aaaaaargh!

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1