Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

Yeah, after listening again I thought it was Knights of Cydonia from the chord progression but, if I'm honest, I don't think what you've played is how the bassline actually goes. I'd have to listen to the original again but, from memory, it's a galloping triplet feel and not octaves like you've played here.

As the Ian Messiter of this game I hereby decree that we need not be able to play the bass line 100% as per the original. This would be a retrograde step which might exclude folk from having a go. If it can be guessed then that's good enough! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

As the Ian Messiter of this game I hereby decree that we need not be able to play the bass line 100% as per the original. This would be a retrograde step which might exclude folk from having a go. If it can be guessed then that's good enough! 

I agree - a close approximation is good enough. A 're-interpretation' (for want of a better phrase) however......🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stewblack said:

not on my phone either 😥

At my laptop now, if you download my link and open in Windows Media Player it works. Apologies its so circuitous but SoundCloud is saying I have no space so this is best I can do for now

10 hours ago, paul_c2 said:

I know, it was an alternative arrangement I had - it was unintentional if it misled, but it spiced things up a bit - anyway, you've won!

I actually went as far as playing KoC and decided it wasn't it...

7 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Just to keep things rolling along 

Suck My Kiss - RHCP?