Why become a member? ×

My F bass seriously damaged...Neck broken!

geoffbassist

The Gallery is a great choice. Someone once stole a Sei from there and threw it over a wall nearby (it was a fair drop) and the neck was smashed to bits; Martin fixed it superbly. I also remember talking to someone at MAD who had sent over a Warwick Alien which someone had put their fist/foot/whatever through and they said when they got it back you couldn't even tell it had ever been broken; they were completely gobsmacked. He's a genius when it comes to wood.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='365064' date='Dec 28 2008, 07:26 PM']hey guys, i took it to the gallery who did a great job on the repair, it still need a bit more work but i should be collecting the finished bass next week, fingers crossed but martins been fantastic.......will post some pics[/quote]
Great news!

• 6 months later...

hey guys, its been a while since the accident and i thought i should give you an update, its good news!
In Jan the gallery used epoxy resin to 'glue' the neck, they did a great job, but it wasnt perfect, it was a very thin neck to repair....I also fell in love with a sadowsky they had on sale ;-)
so i ended up replacing the fingerboard with a fretless ebony lined board....
the guys at the gallery did an amzaing job, the bass sounds better than ever and it was all done for a really good price..........I think they do a great job in both sales and repairs and ive always found them a pleasure to deal with....they even managed not to make any comments on how i snapped the headstock off such a great bass!
wicked job, great outcome from a very bad situation........

That's great news and a great job, I saw this bass first hand when it came in and was shocked how bad it was, but Martin and John are massively talented, and it's reassuring to know that they are also capable of stunning repair work

Glad to hear the bass sounds and plays better than ever too.

M