Why become a member? ×

A Plea of Desperation

Skinnyman

Fellow BC-ers, can I ask you to please stop posting on the forum for a few days?

I have to learn a set of audition pieces for a gig that i really would like to get and you lot are all distracting me from practising. Between Off Topic, General Discussion and the market place, I'm spending time on here which should be spent learning new stuff.

So, can you all please quiet down for a few days? 

(Thinking about it, some of these pieces are a bit challenging - give me a week at least...)

Alternatively, just try to be a bit boring while i get my head round these things....

Thank you for understanding

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I won't post a distracting reply to your post. I'll just let you get practicing. 

P.s. Should it be 'practicing' or 'practising'? Are the two interchangeable, is one an Americanism, or is one 'to rehearse something' and the other 'to carry out a profession or belief?

Hmm 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Maude said:

I won't post a distracting reply to your post. I'll just let you get practicing. 

P.s. Should it be 'practicing' or 'practising'? Are the two interchangeable, is one an Americanism, or is one 'to rehearse something' and the other 'to carry out a profession or belief?

Hmm 🤔

Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Fellow BC-ers, can I ask you to please stop posting on the forum for a few days?

I have to learn a set of audition pieces for a gig that i really would like to get and you lot are all distracting me from practising. Between Off Topic, General Discussion and the market place, I'm spending time on here which should be spent learning new stuff.

(Thinking about it, some of these pieces are a bit challenging - give me a week at least...)

Alternatively, just try to be a bit boring while i get my head round these things....

This happens to me on a regular basis, I get up at 7 with the intention of starting my practice at 8 , and 5 hours later on bc  I’ll turn my amp on , in fact it happened today 😀 and I’m still on bc 😂

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Maude said:

Hmm 🤔

"Practising" is correct in the UK. The verb is "to practise".  "Practice" is the noun.  Eg 'We had a good practice today' but 'we practised for two hours'. If you forget which is which, think of "advice" vs "advise", which rarely get confused with each other because they are pronounced differently. HTH. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Earbrass said:

"Practising" is correct in the UK. The verb is "to practise".  "Practice" is the noun.  Eg 'We had a good practice today' but 'we practised for two hours'. If you forget which is which, think of "advice" vs "advise", which rarely get confused with each other because they are pronounced differently. HTH. 😉

Thank you....

Right, back to it.....

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Good luck with your practice :)

I'm always boring, so I'll not distract you.

🔥🎊🎉🎇🎆🚬🍷 🍻 sssshhhh!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I suggested that you could be boring instead... 😁

As if I had any say in it.

I'm certain that I bore many BC regulars.  As I have been posting less in the last couple of months I have therefore been less boring.  If I was actually interesting then I would have a Twitter account and I would tweet about every meal, drink, bowel movement and weewee as they occurred.

It takes two to tango, as they say.  If you spent more time practising for your audition the interesting topics of BC would be as trees in an uninhabited forest.  No-one is there to here the sound of them falling and you aren't here to find stuff interesting.

I hope this helps.  Oh, and break a leg at the audition.  Best wishes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dem Jolie-blues said:

I haven't  practised today yet, had a lie-in and a shag,    just sayin',  hope this helps too ..

Er, thanks.

I think.

I can be round in about twenty minutes if you're sure it'll help 😕

• Haha 2