Why become a member? ×

Where's Cetera!.

beerdragon

being a training forensic scientist, i can identify fake signatures from real quite easily, and i can tell you that is not genuine. Dare i bore you with details as to why?

EDIT the list of problems with it is so large it actually makes me think it isnt a fake.... too hard to tell when its been signed on such a different surface at large size

However i can tell by the way the ink has pooled that none of it was wrote coninously, it was all done line by line. Very obvious direction changes in the signature also show this. And then there the obvious things like the N and the O and the dot being completly different. It certainly wasnt 'signed' anyway

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='343416' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:52 PM']Oh please do. :)
... but not just about the bad copying I want to know about the ink and a psych profile on the perp would be splendid. :huh:[/quote]
:huh:

i obviously cannot tell you anything about the ink from a photo, but using uv and various other lights would tell me whether or not it all dried at around the same time, or whether or not there were big pauses between each little stroke that the person did. And of course various chemical spot tests would tell me if it was all done with the same ink.

And i aint a forensic psychologist :huh:

[quote name='BassManKev' post='343419' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:57 PM']And i aint a forensic psychologist :huh:[/quote]
Well that's no excuse, the guys on CSI seem to have every angle covered. :huh:

(except when they seem to have to explain the simplest of techniques to a colleague in layman's terms at least once an episode. Oh and why do they alway search crime scenes with torches in the middle of the day "Just open the curtains or SWITCH THE FECKING LIGHT ON")

:)

dont get me started on CSI. NEVER ask a real forensic scientist what they think of CSI...... :)

if i get pedantic, switch the light on or drawing the curtains would disturb the scene, and possibly could disturb evidence :huh: the crime scene lights are brilliant for finding various types of liquids too.....

Edited by BassManKev

don't you just love the useless science they use on TV shows?

I saw a soap where they worked up a patient for a bone marrow transplant and had the results in a "while-u-wait" stylee, a bit like having photos developed.=, after about an hour.

ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH! IT DOESN'T FOOKIN WORK LIKE THAT!!!!

Sorry :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='344199' date='Dec 3 2008, 02:53 PM']Except House coz he's real. Isn't he? I meant there just has to be a city in America where they see bubonic plague and Lupus on a daily basis.
:)
Actually I do like House. :blush:[/quote]

I've never seen House, but my Mum reckons I'm just like him. Is that good or bad?

You're all talking bollox. It's an official ltd edition release of a head Ampeg made as Gene Simmons signature model.

He didn't 'personally' sign it, but it is a printed facsimile of an autograph he did for them.

I wouldn't buy it though.... it's just a normal Ampeg with a slightly different frontage....

[quote name='cetera' post='346295' date='Dec 5 2008, 11:50 AM']You're all talking bollox. It's an official ltd edition release of a head Ampeg made as Gene Simmons signature model.

He didn't 'personally' sign it, but it is a printed facsimile of an autograph he did for them.

I wouldn't buy it though.... it's just a normal Ampeg with a slightly different frontage....[/quote]
we arnt on about the amp, im on about the bass link posted in the first post....

the amp pic was for comparing signatures

[quote name='BassManKev' post='346323' date='Dec 5 2008, 12:27 PM']we arnt on about the amp, im on about the bass link posted in the first post....

the amp pic was for comparing signatures[/quote]

Can't see the link at work....
If it's of a signed 'Punisher' bass then the signature should be authentic...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='343462' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:21 PM']dont get me started on CSI. NEVER ask a real forensic scientist what they think of CSI...... :)

if i get pedantic, switch the light on or drawing the curtains would disturb the scene, and possibly could disturb evidence :huh: the crime scene lights are brilliant for finding various types of liquids too.....[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Is it Semen Stains?(or Captain Pugwash?) that can be seen under black light?.....could be embarrasing if you use a Trace Elliot AH head! :huh: