Why become a member? ×

What colour scratchplate....

mike257

Decisions, decisions....

Currently sporting a single ply white plate, I think I want to change it. If it had a maple neck I'd go black, no question, but I'm not sure it'll look right with the rosewood board. I'm swinging between black and tort, so I'm putting it out to the experts for consultation :)

What would [b]YOU[/b] stick on it? Any photographic evidence to support your argument would be appreciated, would sure help me make up my mind!!

Mike

Battleship grey,Mud Brown,Fluro Pink,Elvis shape,seethru with pictures of naked ladies underneath,take the plate off rip the frets out and w*** on about Jaco....Light Beige,sell the thing and buy a P-Bass,Mirror,cardboard,leather,Acid,live Hedgehogs,the moon on a stick...The corpse of Rod Hull,videotape,the fuel tank off a Morris Oxford,Cheese,Carpet,Wallpaper,stained Glass,Lead,concrete,The Queen mums false teeth,Heather Mill's gammy leg,Duncan Goodhew,a side of Beef.

Im tired I should be in bed....

Dude,if its that hard a thing to do,go to an artists studio,and ask their advice on colour combo's. Seriously.If you wanna stand from the crowd,and whites dull for you,they would point you in a brilliant direction.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='ARGH' post='335986' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:58 AM']Battleship grey,Mud Brown,Fluro Pink,Elvis shape,seethru with pictures of naked ladies underneath,take the plate off rip the frets out and w*** on about Jaco....Light Beige,sell the thing and buy a P-Bass,Mirror,cardboard,leather,Acid,live Hedgehogs,the moon on a stick...The corpse of Rod Hull,videotape,the fuel tank off a Morris Oxford,Cheese,Carpet,Wallpaper,stained Glass,Lead,concrete,The Queen mums false teeth,Heather Mill's gammy leg,Duncan Goodhew,a side of Beef.[/quote]

Damn you! - that's what I was going to say!! :)

Or maybe

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='ARGH' post='335986' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:58 AM']Heather Mill's gammy leg[/quote]

[quote name='Hamster' post='335992' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:04 AM'][/quote]

Haha, these two are my favourite so far. The gold just hadn't occured to me, but I actually really like the look of that. And ARGH, you're a genius mate :)

Red tort remonds me of the foam they used to use in cheap furniture.

Brown tort looks much more classy IMO. Fender had an ad out around the mid 90s with a P & a J, both with these.

failing that you could try

cabbage, Jimmy Hill, the guy from Cameo's codpiece, maybe its because I'm a londoner, apples and pears apples and pears, Mrs Miggins pie shop, oooh marton, rameses niblick III, kerplunk kerplunk, whoops, where's my thribble, Jimmy Saville's chair, down the old kent road, cor lummy guvnor, the big end off a Ford Fiesta, one of Hattie Jaques nighties, I'll get my coat, where's me washboard?, splunge, spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

i've always loved black/black/rosewood, much more than than black/black/maple. especially on a precision, but jazzes look great all black/rosewood, too.

so i'm voting black.

OR if you do decide tort its gotta be brown tort. red tort is horrible looking.

It's black or cream pearl for me, I bought one of each for my black/rosewood Jazz and swap them to change my mood. I got them for about £10 each, but I can't remember or find the web site. When I do I'll let you know.

Mind you I also like tortoise shell, which will probably be my next purchase!

Cheers

Charla

Edited by Charla

[quote name='johnnylager' post='337002' date='Nov 26 2008, 09:33 AM']

EDIT: f*** me, there's [url="http://www.adirondackguitar.com/pickguards/Jbass/menu.htm"]loads[/url] of 'em. I'm getting a camo for me KSD I reckon.[/quote]

I thought I was buying a diamond-plate metal one for my P a few years ago on ebay, and it turned out to be one of those 'Colorific' printed ones from that site. I was gutted when it arrived, thought it was a bit too much of a bargain to be true

I've ordered a 3-ply black, becase every time I come back to this thread and see the first pic Hamster posted, it grows on me that little bit more. And also because I found one for a tenner, and I've spent all my money on an eleccy screwdriver and a new soldering iron!

Think I'll throw that on for now, and when I'm not so skint I might try a different one. I like Charla's idea of swapping them to match your mood/outfit!! I'm still pretty taken with the gold one to be honest, but I haven't seen any cheapy ones :)