Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Spectradrive.

dave_bass5

30 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Couldn’t agree more. The box would need to be bigger to comfortably accommodate much more without feeling cramped. TC have a nice features-to-footprint ratio here.

And lets face it, who doesn’t already own a tuner. 

I can see why people would miss the tuner. Compression, drive and EQ is all most people would ever need along with a tuner, so having it all in one would mean no pedal board, patch cables or fancy power supply required, just grab and go.

1 minute ago, Briton said:

It only has 5 toneprints that I don't already have, as I already own a Spectracomp and all of the Comp toneprints on the Spectradrive are already on the Spectracomp. It also only has 5 drive toneprints which are different from the prints I can get through my BH250 head but I aint going to shelve out all of that dosh for four toneprints and an EQ.

If anybody has got one of these how are you beaming the prints via a mobile device as the Spectradrive option is not available via the app at the moment

No one here has one, thats what we have been talking about recently. 

I can see how the wires got have crossed here. Dave did post that...

8 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’ve taken my spectradrive off my board at the moment. It was getting too cluttered and I was hitting my phaser and AS at the same time....

...which confused me as well and my immediate reaction was, wow he's gone and got one already! But then I worked out he must have meant he took his Spectracomp off his board.

Just like to say, having met him I can vouch that Dave is a really nice and straightforward guy; and I have no doubt this is nothing more than an innocent misunderstanding. 

19 minutes ago, Briton said:

Very nice I am interested in buying one and all you have got to say is get lost! Is that the way you treat fellow members on BC?

You have specified in one of your posts that you have taken your Spectradrive of your board! So why do yoiu disrespect so much?

I think an apology is in hand here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear. Dave doesn’t have a spectradrive, he has a spectraCOMP. The spectraDRIVE is being released imminently. Nobody has one yet. The app doesn’t have the full range of available toneprints yet as they’re probably still being finalised. 

Also, that video posted above doesn’t actually show the guy “using” the pedal at all, it cuts to an image of the pedal for a few seconds and then cuts back to him playing. Not actually a useful demo. As far as I’m concerned it’s click bait!

Edited by CameronJ

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

And looking on Talkbass you’d be lead to believe all bass players are American lol. 

I was going to make a really off topic comment about the kinda gig that folk on talkbass play backline wise bare no corralation to gigs I've played or been to, or heard about in the uk ... 

but then I saw the topic had already detoured off topic 

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

I was going to make a really off topic comment about the kinda gig that folk on talkbass play backline wise bare no corralation to gigs I've played or been to, or heard about in the uk ... 

but then I saw the topic had already detoured off topic 

It does  seem like a different gig culture over there. Blue’s posts on here seem to show there are types of gigs that we don’t really encounter over here much. 

11 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’m struggling to get the Helix tone print to work with it, but other than that its all good :-)

For a moment I thought you meant Line 6 Helix, which added another layer of comedy for me xD

• Haha 2

Following a Report concerning some reactions in this topic, I've done a bit of cleaning up. A simple misunderstanding that escalated; let's leave it there. Play nicely, please, despite the late hour.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dad.

Well i do apologise to the mods  for my small outburst last night. Had I realised i had posted using the wrong word in one (and only one) of my posts (thanks for pointing that out Bas) I would have corrected it immediately to avoid any more confusion.