Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Spectradrive.

dave_bass5

No worries Dave. May still be worth you correcting your earlier post - so it says 'Spectracomp (correction)' or similar, instead of 'spectradrive' to avoid the need for your fellow BC'ers to be developing Sherlock Holmes' levels of analysis! :D

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

No worries Dave. May still be worth you correcting your earlier post - so it says 'Spectracomp (correction)' or similar, instead of 'spectradrive' to avoid the need for your fellow BC'ers to be developing Sherlock Holmes' levels of analysis! :D

Yeah ive done that now. Hopefully anyone that did see it will also see more than one of us saying no one here has it after that was posted. Logic will say that includes me as well.

Right, all ordered. The Spectradrive should be here sometime next week. I was surprised to see the price drop once i went through to the Payment options. The cost of the unit itself was only £186, plus £7.99 delivery. Im quite pleased with that.

i will of course post back with my thoughts once ive had a play with it.

That pretty much nails the tone in my head.

And by that I mean the crap drive sound I imagined this would have! :biggrin:

It does sound authentic in a way though, that's exactly the kind of tone you get from a tube drive that's fed too much low end. It would react totally differently, growl more and fart less with a bit of low end roll off and upper mid boost going into it. And I bet it can do just that with a bit of tweaking. That you can't do.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

That pretty much nails the tone in my head.

And by that I mean the crap drive sound I imagined this would have! :biggrin:

It does sound authentic in a way though, that's exactly the kind of tone you get from a tube drive that's fed too much low end. It would react totally differently, growl more and fart less with a bit of low end roll off and upper mid boost going into it. And I bet it can do just that with a bit of tweaking. That you can't do.

Its almost like there isnt any music left in the signal. Just as well I’m not in to that type of tone. As long as i can get a tiny bit of OD colouring thats all ill need. My AS will supply the magic :-)

EDIT: Just noticed a couple of other videos from the same source. Dear me, they really arent selling this thing well IMO. Even the off tone sounds poor. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Looks like you cant beam the existing Spectracomp tone prints to the Spectradrive. Only the ones designed specifically for the Spectracomp built in to the drive. So far thats just one. Not deal breaker for me, and im sure TC will add more now that the SD is out.

A guy on TB has two, and has posted his findings. So far, its a very clean pre amp, the stock OD is horrible (the Natural tone print is a huge improvement though), and the output is very loud. These were just day one, bedroom level testing though.

Mine should be hear on Monday, Ive got a rehearsal Monday evening so im hoping to give it a good run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Looks like all the existing Spectracomp tone prints are now available for the Spectradrive. Fast work on TC's side.

Just checked it out in the app on my iPad - looks like it’s all there! Still only 4 prints for the Drive, though there is no doubt in my mind that number will rapidly increase.

22 minutes ago, krispn said:

They’ll do the celeb tone print rounds again and generate a bit of social media interest. 

There will be the video's where the 'Celeb' sits there with eyes wide open and blank expression on their face, while the guy from TCE fiddles with his (virtual) knobs and tells us all how wonderful and unique this tone print will be.

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Look to be the same chassis as the Ditto X2, which I was expecting. Be grateful it’s not in an X4 housing!

I hadn’t really thought about its size, but i guess as i own 3 Tech 21 boxes i had it in my mind that it would be about that size. I’m glad its a bit larger, as i can imagine hitting both those foot switches by accident. 

4 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Unboxing videos are a pet hate of mine. I don't care about the packaging, plug the funking thing in already!

Cant stand them myself, and most seem to actualy be re-unboxing with a lot of over acting anyway. 

• Like 1