Jump to content
Left leaderboard
Cuzzie

Barefaced Cab price hike

Recommended Posts

On 2/8/2018 at 21:28, stevie said:

I expect some Likes from the usual suspects.:drinks:

 

I expect the usual suspects[*] on any thread using the BF word. 

[*] and shenanigans, but at least this time they were mildly entertaining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 11:07, jazzmanb said:

 

The Aguilar look the part but Mark bass and Vander RED! ones are too garrish for me

 

 

I find the Vanderkleys the classiest looking cabs there are at the moment. And they don't sound half bad either. 

I do like a bit of colour. I had a pair of bright red TKS 1126 cabs, and when I decided I no longer wanted them I got a few people commenting "I'd love those, shame they're red" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 12:23, mcnach said:

 

I find the Vanderkleys the classiest looking cabs there are at the moment. And they don't sound half bad either. 

I do like a bit of colour. I had a pair of bright red TKS 1126 cabs, and when I decided I no longer wanted them I got a few people commenting "I'd love those, shame they're red" :D

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance - I just can't get away from the fact they remind me of early 90s budget brand Custom Sounds albeit to a somewhat higher standard!

Image result for "custom sound"  pa speakers

Appearance wise my favourites are probably some of the custom TKS cabs (I seriously considered your red ones because I liked the colour!) but from reading countless reviews the Barefaced seemed to be the better bet for my needs at the time and Alex was very helpful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, el borracho said:

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance - I just can't get away from the fact they remind me of early 90s budget brand Custom Sounds albeit to a somewhat higher standard!

Image result for "custom sound"  pa speakers

Appearance wise my favourites are probably some of the custom TKS cabs (I seriously considered your red ones because I liked the colour!) but from reading countless reviews the Barefaced seemed to be the better bet for my needs at the time and Alex was very helpful. 

 

 

Ha! I can see the resemblance! :D

 

The TKS 1126 looked fantastic, and also sounded great. They just were not what I really wanted. I ended up preferring a "not quite as good looking" pair of BB2... until I settled on the pair of Two10 I have now. I'm done looking for cabs. Shame they're black ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 11:07, jazzmanb said:

the only negative for me is the size,its a win win for weight etc but they lack a bit of presence on stage.Seen a guy with a one cab set up and it looked like his gear had been nicked

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two VdK 112 cabs and they sound fantastic! The red is not so bright as the above Custom Sound and to my taste gives them a classy look.

Prices on mainland have not changed for quite some time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Looks fine - probably looks more balanced just having the two big Marshalls either side of the stage. A bigger bass rig would make it look unbalanced... well, to me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

In ears looks best. 

Can I fit you for some UV ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Where was that Russ, looks a decent venue, shame the bassist couldn`t bring a proper set-up though (runs for cover).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, el borracho said:

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance...

Really?! Slut red in fish net stockings with prices held. What's not to like? :D

Image result for vanderkley 210lnt

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Where was that Russ, looks a decent venue, shame the bassist couldn`t bring a proper set-up though (runs for cover).

Grrrrrrr! 

 

Its the Lane Theatre in Newquay mate, not exactly local, but a great venue and people.  We did the  gig for a local Parkinsons disease charity, the guitarists dad is a sufferer and lives down that way, his dad was there and it was the 1st time he had ever seem his son on stage..was quite a night and we raised nearly a grand!  Not bad for a 140 seater venue!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 10:48, Oopsdabassist said:

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Yep ,exactly that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 10:52, EBS_freak said:

Looks fine - probably looks more balanced just having the two big Marshalls either side of the stage. A bigger bass rig would make it look unbalanced... well, to me anyway.

On that logic best stand behind the drummer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jazzmanb said:

On that logic best stand behind the drummer 

No need - if you aren't moving around on stage, you are unlikely to hold any attention anyway and you'll be playing to nobody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

No need - if you aren't moving around on stage, you are unlikely to hold any attention anyway and you'll be playing to nobody.

Like Oasis for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jazzmanb said:

Like Oasis for example

Yeah. Exactly.

Like watching paint dry. Until a fight kicks off that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Yeah. Exactly.

Like watching paint dry. Until a fight kicks off that is.

The whole dying for my art thing can only last so long ,it's false anyway all that posturing .Not a fan of Oasis but they blow your empty venue theory out of the water 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jazzmanb said:

The whole dying for my art thing can only last so long ,it's false anyway all that posturing .Not a fan of Oasis but they blow your empty venue theory out of the water 

Not really - people tend to stick around when they've paid so much for their entry ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Not really - people tend to stick around when they've paid so much for their entry ticket.

okey doke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan boy but If anyone is interested the Bass Gallery still have a couple of cabs in stock at the old prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the increase is to pay for the new product line?

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Alex should name his next new cab build the same as that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2018 at 14:56, fleabag said:

I think Alex should name his next new cab build the same as that

Better than Barefaced CHEEK! I'll leave the images to your imagination for that one... :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By ryancowell25
      For Sale only -
       
      a Barefaced Super 12 (Gen 2) in  good condition.
      No way I would be selling this if I wasn't replacing with an impending Barefaced Super Twin 2. Absolutely excellent one cab solution, never let me down on any gig from pubs to outdoor festivals. I'll be sorry to see it go.  Comes with a ROQSOLID cover. I'm willing to courier this but would need to look at cost.
      PM me any questions. Can take more photos if necessary.
      Looking for £550
       



    • By JapanAxe
      I bought this cab direct from Barefaced in 2013. You can find the full spec here.

      I have used it paired with a Barefaced Compact (1x15), or on its own. Used alone with a decent amp (in my case, Ampeg 50W valve or Demeter 800W Class D) it is perfectly capable of filling a large hall. And it weighs only 9kg. Barefaced suggest using it with an amp in the 150W-600W range - I seem to recall the thermal maximum was around 400W. At some point it may struggle to compete with your own version Keith Moon or John Bonham, but it is still a very capable cab.

      It has the more expensive (and lighter) vintage-style grille cloth and comes with a Roqsolid cover which has done a grand job of protecting it when travelling to and from gigs in my car. The cover has worn through in one spot (see photos). There is some light scuffing to the handle mounts.

      Why am I selling? I now have a Barefaced Super Twin for larger gigs, and a Barefaced One 10 for smaller ones. Much as I would love to keep the Midget, I need the cupboard space, and my toy fund is running low from lack of gigging!

      Yours for £329 including insured delivery to mainland UK.

    • By Marky Screen
      Tecamp 115xs bass cab.
      Lovely German made and designed compact lightweight (15kg) single cab solution without sacrificing tone.
      Easy one hand lift.
      The designer now runs EICH and the same cab is currently £699 from thomann.
      15 inch driver and 4 inch variable (off/half/full) midrange tweeter to give you enough highs without sounding harsh or brittle.
      In near mint condition and never been pushed.
      400watts @ 4 ohms.
      Also has a cool little rod which slots into the back to tilt it back at 45 degrees for better montioring on stage.
      Comes with branded padded cover
      Price includes UK delivery
      No collections or trades thanks.
      Due to the CV19 situation getting things posted may take a little bit longer than usual so please be aware of this.







    • By MarshallBTB
      Now just selling one of these.
      Amazing little cabinets, that really pack a punch for the size. Only selling as I fancy a change and something a little bigger. Not that these can't keep up!
      In great condition, only things to mention are a bit of Tolex peel on the back, and the cover of one of the straps has gone missing at some point. - have since found this!
      Comes with fitted cover.
       
       

       
       
       
       
       
       

       
       
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...