Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Carl Thompson lookalike on eBay

BreadBin

Saw that on Digimart the other day - might drop by to try it if I'm in Yokohama anytime soon. 

To be fair, they're not advertising it as a CT, but rather as a "no-brand custom bass". Finishing looks nice, though...

I do wonder, however, how are they going to post it outside of Japan, with CITES around, and this being a "no-brand" bass with rosewood in it... Getting papers must be fun.

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

Have you read the full description?!  I LOVE a good (bad) translation!!!

Yes, I especially liked the fact that they say it's of "unknown origin" -  yet everything they sell is "100% authentic"
I had to laugh when I read that "pears had probably been used on the fingerboard" 

Edited by Marc S

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

Have you read the full description?!  I LOVE a good (bad) translation!!!

38 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Yes, I especially liked the fact that they say it's of "unknown origin" -  yet everything they sell is "100% authentic"
I had to laugh when I read that "pears had probably been used on the fingerboard" 

I always feel bad for laughing, because I know their grasp of English is infinitely better than mine of Japanese...but then, "One Seymour Duncan pickup is arranged from the rear..." - well, if that's what you're into...