Why become a member? ×

Six string Tom Clement-bass SOLD!
£899

bassmayhem

After some consideration I have decided this nice six string bass has to go, since my six string playing is kind of non-existent.

This is a prototype built by Tom Clement some years ago. The bass has a lot of influences, like the Fodera AJ Presentation bass, with its off-center "center line", where the lower part of the body is wider for better rest when playing sitting down, and a more narrow upper half, making it feeling comfortable and not so big. This bass is big. Really big. The almost completely routed body is some 3" deep, and has an upper bout stretching to the 12th fret. The body is made of a single piece of "heavily routed" super light swamp ash, with a top of Spanish cedar. The neck is very slim and comfortable, made of mahogany and bubinga with an ebony fingerboard. All hardware is Hipshot: Ultralites and an A-bridge with piezo pickups. The spacing is 18 mm, the scale is 34". Dunlop recessed strap locks. Bartolini pickup and preamp. The bass has been somewhat "cleansed", since the electronics compartment was a bit... blurry. Now the bass has volume and balance control. No tone pot, but there is place for it; I just didn't have any suitable pot at hand...

The tone is something! With the active Bartolini humbucker you get a tone somewhere between a P-bass and Anthony Jackson , if you got my point. With the piezo pickup you get a very vibrant acoustic tone, best described as a nylon stringed guitar an octave down. Then you can mix the two. There are some holes after the previous owner's Roland synth bass pickup and ramp, visible in the pictures. Here is a link to the building log: http://www.clementbass.com/2014/01/the-clement-singlecut-anne-chambered-bass/

The bass is delivered in a Mono M80 gig bag. The strings are Thomastik Jazz Rounds. If you haven't tried these: you'll be very surprised. There is also an almost new kit of more ordinary strings in the bag, I think D'Addario nickels.

No trades, unless you have a Dingwall Super J5 or Super P5 for part trade. The bass can be shipped on buyer's expense.

Edited by bassmayhem
SOLD!

Very nice bass. Could you please give us the weight ?

And you are right, the TI JR are quite astonishing, a bit light under the fingers, but what a sound. Put a set on one of my fretlesses and this is even better than the D'addario or Fodera nickels.

13 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Very nice bass. Could you please give us the weight ?

And you are right, the TI JR are quite astonishing, a bit light under the fingers, but what a sound. Put a set on one of my fretlesses and this is even better than the D'addario or Fodera nickels.

The bass is packed in its bag; I have to dig it up from my magazine first. ;) I had a back surgery some years ago, and this bass is by far the lightest I've ever owned. I get back soon... ;) 

Thanks and very light for such a bass.

I also have severe back injury (some days I hardly can move) and also a right shoulder capsulitis so the ergonomic of an instrument is very important to me too.

A very tempting one, but I think my wife will really kill me if I do the step forward. 

I will wait a bit and see... But I'm sure it will be gone within the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, therealting said:

Can I ask where you are located? Does it have much of a tone acoustically? Does it have strap buttons?

Ironically I have both a Super J5 and a Super P5, but they aren’t going anywhere...

I am in Sweden. It is NOT an acoustic bass, but a chambered electric bass, so the acoustic tone is not comparable to a real acoustic bass guitar. It has recessed Dunlop straplocks. Well, sure you can throw your P5 and J5 in my direction. ;););)  I have a really nice Voodoo Prima 6 too, that MAY be for trade or sale. A real stunner.