Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

6 minutes ago, ped said:

1 - On the list. It will be, or we'll make it a mandatory field when placing an advert.

2 - Depending on your mobile you can rate it to landscape, but the mobile version is in fact the same thing as the full site just squished down. What did you want to do that you can't in the mobile interface? We'll add it as an option anyway but you could also try the 'load desktop site' option on your device.

3 - We're still fixing that, so watch this space!

1 cool

2 I was trying to see location. I'm using an iPhone. I can't see an option to load desktop site

3 no problem 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

New replies to threads are not making the  thread go to the top of the class ?  I wonder if its just me thats seeing this  fennom   phinomem

problem ?

Check the 'sort by' is set to 'recently updated'

Should be by default.

I dont know if you fixed just as i was checking other threads by posting in them to see if the jumped to the top, which they did, so it looked

like only Site News / Bugs threads were not jumping, but - i think you have sorted it, sir

Round of applause - another bug gets squashed under a dirty great hobnail boot

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I don't seem to be getting notifications.

Threads I've contributed towards don't seem to register notifications when someone replies.

By default it’s off, you can turn it on in your notification settings area but I’ll make it default shortly. 

Missing feature from the old site.

If by mistake you clicked the title of a thread rather than the Bullet icon to the left of it, there was a handy link at the top of the thread to take you to the first un-read new post. Is there any way of having this handy link back?

Edited by BigRedX

The need for the change to the new software is perfectly understandable. It will just take a wee while for it all to calm down and for everyone to be familiar with all the features of the site. People, by nature, don’t like change but it is one of the most inevitable things in life. Well done to all those who spent many, many hours to make the changeover. Everything will be fine!

24 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Missing feature from the old site.

If by mistake you clicked the title of a thread rather than the Bullet icon to the left of it, there was a handy link at the top of the thread to take you to the first un-read new post. Is there any way of having this handy link back?

I'll look into that too :)