Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

14 hours ago, ash said:

It’s also interesting that when attempting to load the site on WiFi the small security padlock icon is missing in the search field when using 4G the padlock is there.

I had something similar to this. It turned out my chrome browser needed updating. 

1 hour ago, Dazed said:

I had something similar to this. It turned out my chrome browser needed updating. 

I'm still using useless bloody Windows Vista (I know, I know) and Chrome no longer supports it, so I suppose I'll have to get a new OS at some point. Any suggestions? Which is the least crap Windows OS..? :)

36 minutes ago, discreet said:

...Which is the least crap Windows OS..? :)

My PC, bought 'refurbished' with Windows 7, updated itself to Windows 10 when the offer to do so came up. I've never had a more stable Windows since (although XP was pretty good from that point of view...). If, then, the PC is up to it (motherboard support for 64-bit..?), I'd recommend Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Mine is an HP8200, i5 processor, 12 Gb RAM

Hops this helps.

Edited by Dad3353

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

My PC, bought 'refurbished' with Windows 7, updated itself to Windows 10 when the offer to do so came up. I've never had a more stable Windows since (although XP was pretty good from that point of view...). If, then, the PC is up to it (motherboard support for 64-bit..?), I'd recommend Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Mine is an HP8200, i5 processor, 12 Gb RAM

Hops this helps.

I'm not hopping for anybody... ;) Thanks for the recommendation Dad, I have no idea about the spec of my desktop Dell PC, it's been pretty stable since I got it in 2008. I know a 10-year-old computer is practically a museum piece these days, so it looks like more expense if I'm to keep up with the digital Joneses... bah!

20 minutes ago, discreet said:

I'm not hopping for anybody... ;)...

I must be hopping mad..!
My PC dates from 2010, so is equally prehistoric. If really needing to change, however, I could recommend a refurbished machine, if you're not fussed about having the very latest (read: expensive...) PC. There is nice spec stuff out there from around £250-300.

Just sayin'.

Lately, when a notification pops up,  or checking the notification box up top,  clicking on the notes takes me to the beginning of a thread

instead of the new post. This is not a big deal , natch. But i'm sure the notes, when clicked on , used to take us to that post.

Its also doing this thing on threads with more than one page, and so i end up at post 1 on page 1.

And there's more...   i'm getting a lot of notes where there's nothing been posted.  I know thats been addressed in that maybe the poster changed their mind but i'm getting too many for that to be true all the time - shirley ?

Edited by fleabag

On 11/14/2017 at 21:37, dodgnofski said:

Are we getting all our old messages back☹️☹️????

Was there ever an answer to this? There's lots of pages to wade through!

Generally grand with the new look, just getting used to the odd bit being in a different place. :-)

49 minutes ago, hubrad said:

Was there ever an answer to this? There's lots of pages to wade through!

Generally grand with the new look, just getting used to the odd bit being in a different place. :-)

Yeah we've answered it a few times xD

Messages aren't coming back, the change of format etc and the risk of potentially revealing confidential info if we got the process wrong was just a bit too high