Why become a member? ×

As new natural Musicman Stingray and others!

bigthumb

This is a practically unused and pristine Stingray. Seriously there's not a scratch on it. It comes with the Musicman hard case as in the pictures.

I'm asking for £650 which is a fair price as I've seen them go for 700+ on ebay.

I'm based in Shropshire and I would prefer not to post. I don't mind doing a meet up if its not too far.

Also as part of my mass clear out I'm going to let go of my '78 Precision. It looks original though I'm not 100% sure with the scratch plate. I'm asking for a realistic £750. It doesn't have an original case but I can supply an old knackered one if required.

And finally, for now :) my 1984 Japanese SQ series Squier Precision. I'm only selling this as I have two. The other is exactly the same but heavier (which I prefer for some odd reason). £280

I cannot accept any trades as I really really do need to thin the collection. And again I really don't want to post any of the basses as I've had nothing but damage and hassle in the past.

Please PM if you have any questions. Cheers, Paul

If I weren't getting a Squier JV P in a couple of weeks, I'd have that '78 off you right away! Hell, if you've still got it when I get back from Australia I might have it anyway! Good luck with selling the other basses - Let's hope the '78 doesn't go anywhere :)

Hi Paul,

That Stingray looks lovely and in just the kind of finish I admire. What mystifies me is that it seems to have passed through Marcus and Beedster as well - both seem to say it is a good example, yet it has hardly been played and has passed from hand to hand. Does it have a problem (personality disorder)? If not, I'd be very interested. Living in Worcestershire I could probably pick it up, or maybe come to try it out? PM me if a try out is possible. Thanks, Nick S

[quote name='NAS' post='320230' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:47 PM']Hi Paul,

That Stingray looks lovely and in just the kind of finish I admire. What mystifies me is that it seems to have passed through Marcus and Beedster as well - both seem to say it is a good example, yet it has hardly been played and has passed from hand to hand. Does it have a problem (personality disorder)? If not, I'd be very interested. Living in Worcestershire I could probably pick it up, or maybe come to try it out? PM me if a try out is possible. Thanks, Nick S[/quote]

Trust me, it is a great bass. You'll notice that Marcus and I have a similar problem, that is, we're rarely happy with one bass for more than 20 minutes (I PX'd it for a pre-EB 'ray which might explain my motivation in letting it go). The current EB rays are pretty impressive, and this is an especially good example and worth way way way more than £650.
Chris

Thanks for the reassurance Beeds - yes, you obviously have the bass consumption gene in spades! Hoping to try this out soon. I've been migrating back from boutique wonders to good 'ol Leo recently. Although the P and J I have are modern they still have "that sound" and I've given up faith in being able to find a particularly well made vintage (which I think would be the only reason for going for an "old" one) which might sound exceptional, but no guarantees. All the best, Nick S

Well, I snapped up the EB 'ray - Paul even delivered it in person - great guy. We had a bit of a run through the existing NAS collection and I think the 'ray fits in just great. I really will need to shift the Status SmartBass and the Overwater 5 string now to give it a proper space in the pack! Tried it out both on my little SWR Workingman 12 and on the SWR SM900 + Epifani 2x10 and 1x15 stack. I think it has quite a warm sound although I will be changing the light guage strings for something a bit chunkier and giving it just a touch more relief - the current action is [u]really[/u] low. Overall condition seems great and it looks almost unplayed - so I need to gig it for a while to round off the neck a bit and make it feel "at home". Maybe time to do a few more RHCP numbers and finally learn how to slap properly. Thanks Paul for a lovely bass. Nick S

[quote name='NAS' post='322980' date='Nov 5 2008, 09:15 PM']Well, I snapped up the EB 'ray - Paul even delivered it in person - great guy. We had a bit of a run through the existing NAS collection and I think the 'ray fits in just great. I really will need to shift the Status SmartBass and the Overwater 5 string now to give it a proper space in the pack! Tried it out both on my little SWR Workingman 12 and on the SWR SM900 + Epifani 2x10 and 1x15 stack. I think it has quite a warm sound although I will be changing the light guage strings for something a bit chunkier and giving it just a touch more relief - the current action is [u]really[/u] low. Overall condition seems great and it looks almost unplayed - so I need to gig it for a while to round off the neck a bit and make it feel "at home". Maybe time to do a few more RHCP numbers and finally learn how to slap properly. Thanks Paul for a lovely bass. Nick S[/quote]

Glad you like it NAS. Paul is a great guy, and, as you noticed, I like my action LOW (those strings are a week old by the way, I'd love 'em back if you have no need for them :))
Chris