Why become a member? ×

And he's got the cheek to be charging for postage...

That's absolutely barking - he lives in Bolton and he wants someone to give him £200k?

That's enough to buy a nice, detached 3-bed house: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67040012.html

He'd be much more likely to get a buyer at £100k ...

Excellent! I hope someone took my advice and created a shill account to place the bid. That way very soon he will be paying nearly £20K in final value fees when the auction ends!!!
and yes that is right, the charge goes on to your next invoice when the auction ends, not when the buyer pays! :lol:

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1497955253' post='3321543']
Excellent! I hope someone took my advice and created a shill account to place the bid. That way very soon he will be paying nearly £20K in final value fees when the auction ends!!!
and yes that is right, the charge goes on to your next invoice when the auction ends, not when the buyer pays! :lol:
[/quote]

So there is justice in the world...

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1497955456' post='3321550']
It's that roaster mentioned another thread. The guys a looney tune
[/quote]

I bet he has seen the bid and is sitting there rubbing his hands together with a maniacal grin on his face!!! :gas:

[/quote]
Unfortunatley the maximun eBay charge is capped at £250 :( Still a heft, mind

[/quote]

Only if the sale actually went through. If the buyer didn't pay, and I very much doubt he would, then he'd just cancel the transaction.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1497955314' post='3321546']
So there is justice in the world...
[/quote]

Why?

He can advertise it for whatever he wants, whether he sells it is another matter. He's got a bid on it, rather bizarrely.

You'd have thought for that money, that he'd have set it up, cleaned and polished it, and changed the strings.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1498000188' post='3321957']
Only if the sale actually went through. If the buyer didn't pay, and I very much doubt he would, then he'd just cancel the transaction.

[/quote]

as I said in my post, ebay charge the fees to your ebay account invoice the moment the auction ends - i know because it happened to me on an item the buyer did not pay on. It wasnt until I opened an unpaid item dispute and that dispute was upheld (14 days IIRC) that I got my final value fee back!

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1498036398' post='3322073']
as I said in my post, ebay charge the fees to your ebay account invoice the moment the auction ends - i know because it happened to me on an item the buyer did not pay on. It wasnt until I opened an unpaid item dispute and that dispute was upheld (14 days IIRC) that I got my final value fee back!
[/quote]

But IME eBay only bill you at the end of each month for transactions during that period and then it's still another 10 days before they actually take any money off you. So unless you were very unlucky in that the sale took place right at the end of the billing period, any cancelled transition should have been resolved long before eBay take the money out of your account.

If I was to sell something between 1st and 30th June, I won't receive an invoice for the final sales fees until the first week in July and the money won't be debited until the middle of July.

Edited by BigRedX

I don't understand the animosity toward the guy. He's totally free to advertise it for whatever he wants, and in whatever condition. If someone os fool enough to pay hundreds of times more than it's worth, the that's down to them.

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1497946505' post='3321448']
I have. He's got a bidder too.
[/quote]

So what's the problem?

It's obvious from the description, it's not a serious sale. There is a possibility that the seller has had pressure put on them from their partner to get rid of some of their musical "junk" in order to raise some money to buy a house, and this is the seller's humorous response.

People can ask what they like from an item on eBay and buyers can pay what they see fit. If something is over-priced it simply won't sell.

I don't get the mentality of the Basschat "eBay Police". Have you nothing better to do?

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1498044014' post='3322161']
If you read the other threads on here about the same seller and same bass it will make sense.
[/quote]

I had a quick look through the most recent 2 pages of posts and found one other thread relating to a previous eBay listing for this bass, with much the same wording in the description.

I still don't get what the problem is. It's not a serious sale listing. And if someone is prepared to pay just under £200k for it then good luck to him.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1498037376' post='3322082']
I don't understand the animosity toward the guy. He's totally free to advertise it for whatever he wants, and in whatever condition. If someone os fool enough to pay hundreds of times more than it's worth, the that's down to them.
[/quote]

Same here... I'm confused :blink: