Why become a member? ×

My first Nanyo bass

alembic1989

Greetings, I've just bought my first SGC Nanyo bass ..a 310.
I've always been curious about these, they seem to have a lot of love on this forum. I got it as part of a trade from Dandelion of this parish.
I've got to say I can see why people like them...it's a lovely bass to play.
I just can't head my head round the crazy low prices these seem to be selling for now...just unbelievable value.
Very pleased.

Edited by alembic1989

IIRC when they first hit the market they were similarly priced to Wals - both great basses in their own way but one's prices went through the roof, the other through the floor.

When I let other Bassist play my BCs they're always surprised how good they are...once they know..

A very poorly kept secret obviously.

About 10.

;)

The 320 is simply nicer ... better made, higher-quality wood (body and fretboard, don't know about the neck), more interesting colours (incl. gold hardware rather than black).

The whole thing just oozes quality.

For some reason (and IMHO of course) the 320 responds remarkably well to flats.

I remember trying one years ago and was very surprised how good they were. Great necks. From memory tho i found them a touch dull on the tone side but i've no idea what version of bass it was.

It was also a request to play a song with another band and their bassist had it so i didn't get a lot of time to play around with it.

Dave

I remember these when they first came out in the 1980s, but i didn't finally own any until the early 2000s and they were great. I've had a 301 fretless and a 310 fretted.

Both great little basses, which were reliable and easy to play, tho didn't really suit the image of my band to be honest!

But great value, and well-made instruments.