Why become a member? ×

Someone is in for a shock.

[quote name='theplumber' timestamp='1495205347' post='3302156']
I messaged the seller,to point out that I thought it was an Encore,having owned a few over the years. He said he had had the guitar over 10 years,paid about 300 for it and ''had never been sure'' thats why he had not listed it as a Fender. Went on to say it had been in a couple of shops over the years for set ups and they have never questioned it. Certainly plays and sounds like a Fender. ...Well,as I said,I owned a few of these made in India guitars.To be honest,they are good enough and sound fine. Well built,a bit heavy. I thought after giving him the info,he would have seen that the guitar is worth £40 to about £100 not over £400 that the current bid was.I was hoping he might have altered the listing at least,but no.....Reported it to ebay. Seeing as how he started the bid at £450 and wasn't sure about it being a Fender just seems bull sh*t!
[/quote]

He is definitely lying. No way it's been near a shop for a setup and come back with the intonation like that!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1495224563' post='3302357']
To be fair, I had one of those 'lawsuit' Encores (i.e. Fender headstock shape), and it was as good as any Mexican Fender :D
Still shouldn't be listed as it is though.

Si
[/quote]

Sorry Mr. Global Moderator but that's opinionated rubbish :angry: .
Have you played EVERY Mexican Fender?

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1495319265' post='3303009']

Sorry Mr. Global Moderator but that's opinionated rubbish :angry: .
Have you played EVERY Mexican Fender?
[/quote]
Thank you. I'm pleased I'm not alone. As the owner of a MIM that sings quite nicely, I found that post offensive.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1495345626' post='3303049']
Thank you. I'm pleased I'm not alone. As the owner of a MIM that sings quite nicely, I found that post offensive.
[/quote]

Not sure I understand. Is there some scale or frame of reference which defines that an MIM is by definition automatically better than a Sunn/Encore, or whatever this is? Surely you'd have to play the two side-by-side to have an objective viewpoint.

"Better" isn't always better. I currently own a mid 80s MIJ Squier Strat (E-serial, 3rd in line after the sacred JVs) and a Korean Fenix Strat copy - the Fenix is a far better instrument. Irony of ironies though - the very best Strat I owned was an Indian Sunn Mustang. Wish I hadn't sold it.