Why become a member? ×

NBD - Come to daddy

fleabag

This just winged its way across the North Sea :)

The build and finish is incredibly good...no big gaps, no varnish runs, no sharp fret ends, no buzzing, not even a dead spot. It even came fully set up, with low action ( which i like ) intonation spot on, and fitted with Daddario XL's and batteries ( 2 of , 18v ). I just made a tiny change to the pup heights, and hey presto.

Wonderful array of tones, by the way. Obviously not used in anger yet, but things are looking good, people

The money shots..

Edited by fleabag

Oh great, thanks a bunch. I have severe gas for this exact model, and now you come along with these great photos and a really positive review. Not fair! 😎

Seriously, you can't tell much from the photos on the Thomann site, and in deference to my bank balance I've not sought out any better photos, but they're excellent shots and that bass does look really nice. The only thing saving me now is that I do really like the sunburst and rosewood model too, so indecision will keep me gassed up but Sire free for a little while longer.

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1475591439' post='3147175']

No, its not heavy. I might have to throw it on the bathroom scales and check. No neck dive , by the way
[/quote]

Really nice looking bass. A mate of mine scored an alder/rosewood one of these and I was really impressed. Terrific build quality and some sweet tones. The only thing that was a problem for me was that it felt quite heavy, so I would be really interested in the weight of yours. These are the best bang for buck bass that I have ever handled, and by some distance. Indeed this couls be all the bass you need. Congrats

[quote name='Gottastopbuyinggear' timestamp='1475612953' post='3147451']
Oh great, thanks a bunch. I have severe gas for this exact model, and now you come along with these great photos and a really positive review. Not fair!
[/quote]

:)

Glad to be of service

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1475619470' post='3147507']
Really nice looking bass. A mate of mine scored an alder/rosewood one of these and I was really impressed. Terrific build quality and some sweet tones. The only thing that was a problem for me was that it felt quite heavy, so I would be really interested in the weight of yours. These are the best bang for buck bass that I have ever handled, and by some distance. Indeed this couls be all the bass you need. Congrats
[/quote]

Just checked it on the bathroom scales .. cant speak for their accuracy though , but the bass came out at 4.3kg , around 9.4 Lbs

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1475594403' post='3147213']
I checked out the options and you're right , there's no Ash body / Rosewood FB model. You have to go to the Alder bodied models to get a Rosewood FB
[/quote]

To be honest, I've been sorely tempted to buy two, swap the necks and sell on an Alder/Maple bass!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1475585518' post='3147096']
Preamp layout for those interested

[/quote]

Good to know about the Preamp is:

- It has a Trimpot to adjust the Output Volume
- Centerclick @ the MidFreQ Poti = 600 Hz, Completely counterclockwise = 80Hz, Completely Clockwise = 2KHz.

:)

Edited by AREA

Oddly enough, I'm not normally a fan of natural finish. I like to see grain through a colour, but not usually natural & glossy..
However, this does look really good. Lovely grain, and it does look good with the pearloid scratchplate. i like the neck with blocks too.

I've not had chance to play one of these, but I do like the look of them.
Just out of interest, where did you buy yours from?

Cheers, and happy NBD to you :)

Edited by Marc S