Why become a member? ×

NBD a nice brace of ACGs

ead

Here we go peeps, a couple of pics of my new ACG Recurve fretless and the first ever ACG P Type.

[attachment=224831:Recurve FL 01.jpg] [attachment=224832:Recurve FL 02.jpg] [attachment=224833:Recurve FL 03.jpg]

[attachment=224834:P Type 01.jpg] [attachment=224835:P Type 02.jpg] [attachment=224836:P Type 04.jpg]

Thanks for the comments all.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1470310698' post='3104968']
Ooh, lovely P... what are the controls?
[/quote]

It's a an ACG/East P Retro. So the first stack is volume/tone (active and passive tone); the second stack is more complex being a mid boost in one direction and a bass and treble boost in the other. There's also a pull for bright function and an active passive switch.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1470310284' post='3104963']
That's a lovely looking pair! Fnaaar :crazy:

Is that actualy a split coil p-type pickup under the soapbar or is it just a humbucker in the p position?
[/quote]

It's a real live split coil. A bit over-wound too so very punchy.

Also has a bass boost on the push/pull on the active stack. Pull bright on the volume/tone when in active mode. Four options regarding bass boost frequency plus level selected internally. Yes it is a split coil and in this case with Alnico magnets rather than the ceramic I normally use.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1470348834' post='3105479']
Also has a bass boost on the push/pull on the active stack. Pull bright on the volume/tone when in active mode. Four options regarding bass boost frequency plus level selected internally. Yes it is a split coil and in this case with Alnico magnets rather than the ceramic I normally use.
[/quote]

Thanks Alan, I forgot about the configurable bass boost thing.

I started out as a Standard spec then I started asking for extras so it morphed into a sort of Custom/Standard hybrid. Picking ti up tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some quality bass time in the evening.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1470348834' post='3105479']
[/quote]

Are your multicoil pickups cermaic?

Both basses now safely in my possession. Absolutely delighted with both of them, Alan has absolutely nailed the sounds I wanted (despite my medioce efforts trying to describe what I was after).

Graham, not sure about the multicoil pickups, there's a lot of info on the ACG website but I did see anything specific about magnets although I was skimming the text pretty quickly. In case you haven't seen it, here's the link: http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/basses/pickups/ just go down the page a bit.