Why become a member? ×

Sold
£750

ash

Sold The bass had some incredible features for its time - active electrics with 6 band EQ and graphite reinforced neck plus adjustable volume on each pole of the neck pickup. It can produce sounds from slap to dub and anywhere in between. As favoured by Jah Wobble and Barry Adamson these are highly sought after instruments. Excellent condition for its age although there are small dings and wear to the aluminium hard wear. The electrics work well although they are a little scratchy when the sliders are moved. The scratchplate has been cracked in the past and repaired. Neck is lovely and straight with a low action. It weighs just under 10lbs but balances perfectly. All original with an early serial number - I'm only selling because I prefer passive instruments and am looking for the passive Magnum - If you've got one and fancy a swap let me know. No other trades sorry. The price is negotiable within reason, cash on collection. I may post but only in the UK as there isn't a case but a gigbag is included.

Edited by ash

Ha ha yes Karl Eric is a traditionalist and far prefers the 'Erickenbacker' !
Just to be clear I don't want any trades unless someone has a passive Ovation Magnum. Thanks for looking all PMs replied too the bass is still for sale :)

Edited by ash

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1469996429' post='3102608']
Just to be clear I don't want any trades unless someone has a yummy Magnum.
[/quote]

Any good Ash?
[URL=http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/basscoach/media/stuffs/e1d10336-e626-4b6e-8f0e-d6ebb22e7afb.jpg.w480.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/basscoach/stuffs/e1d10336-e626-4b6e-8f0e-d6ebb22e7afb.jpg.w480.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

:-)

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1469997607' post='3102617']
Any good Ash?
[url="http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/basscoach/media/stuffs/e1d10336-e626-4b6e-8f0e-d6ebb22e7afb.jpg.w480.jpg.html"][/url]

:-)
[/quote]

That's the Magnum Eric wanted :o

Lancaster - this one is very comfy and not that much heavier than my Rick they did vary in weight - this is an early serial number and some say these models maybe more manageable on account of the quality of the mahogany used. I have a dodgy shoulder and found it fine for long sessions.

Hi Ash, I Have the same bass as this, I've never heard a more bassey bass, if that makes sense. I've played a few passive Magnums but they don't have the punch of the active. Anyone getting their mitts on this wont be disappointed.[attachment=224963:Magnum 2.jpg]

No, mines an active, I've swapped out the Ovation circuit for a MEC (Warwick) Circuit. Its an easy mod. You could just buy some Pots and make yours passive, if your handy with a soldering iron. I've tried this and it works well but looses some punch IMO. They are mighty fine basses, extremely well built and comfortable to wear. the range of sounds you get with this bass is massive, (Don't stop believing by Journey) It also does a good Andy Fraser, Free sound as well as Reggae and It has a great funk slap sound. Mines a Keeper!