Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

13 minutes ago, Chadu25 said:

I'm not sure it can. I've yet to discover that. But at the moment, the current setup I have already allows me to navigate and access all the essential stuff I need.

It got the better of me... 

which is cool as I think you could set the FS on the stomp to do changes on stomp and C4 on one FS :)

• Like 2

Bit of an update to my Nano+ board.

The SFT is set for an old pushed B15 / early SVT sound just for harmonic richness. Bass knocked down a bit. Barely audible drive like The Blues Brothers “She caught the Katy” tone.

The Paradriver is set for more of a rock tone with more lows and more drive. I’ve never had a Paradriver before and I’m much preferring it over the BDDI. 

IMG_6820.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Bit of an update to my Nano+ board.

The SFT is set for an old pushed B15 / early SVT sound just for harmonic richness. Bass knocked down a bit. Barely audible drive like The Blues Brothers “She caught the Katy” tone.

The Paradriver is set for more of a rock tone with more lows and more drive. I’ve never had a Paradriver before and I’m much preferring it over the BDDI. 

IMG_6820.jpeg

Is the paradriver not as colored s the BD? Always fancied trying one

On 02/11/2023 at 21:31, 0175westwood29 said:

A225C426-21ED-4AAC-B1BE-F222E22219DA.thumb.jpeg.0735058c7efd1a4906d6fccaa6150a62.jpeg

IMG_2442.thumb.jpeg.59a8b4f97b43f927bd5a42741361c9ec.jpeg

IMG_2440.thumb.jpeg.b08cc29a7edff2155c21d9128eb0ee3e.jpeg

ground and pound from lusithand is back aswell as the idiotbox blackout fuzz 

gnp into the blackout sounds so good!!  Basically rat into dual big Muff you can’t go wrong can you! 

So sad that I just couldn't get on with the Ground n Pound. In isolation, it was so great, but it just didn't play well with other dirt pedals. It's one of the few pedals that I really 'wanted' to like, but it just didn't click.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, danbowskill said:

Is the paradriver not as colored s the BD? Always fancied trying one

It’s easier to dial out the colour. There’s a setting in the manual that even with the blend at 100% it sounds very close to just a pass through. I think it’s called the “Jaco” suggestion. Doesn’t sound anything like Jaco! 

• Like 1

Not the biggest board but certainly plenty complicated 😂

IMG_8075.thumb.jpeg.02b1f2f3d37890d3422963d54ba1d6d7.jpeg

Signal path is easiest shown in a diagram, pedals aren't quite the same but same idea:

Screenshot2023-11-08at13_37_16.thumb.png.c562434ee52edab6d7bb0e40124d0498.png

This means I can get the Pre and Post DI signals from the capo while essentially having my analog pedals and the Capo preamp section as moveable blocks within the GT1000core. It's a little convoluted but means I can put the GT anywhere I want in the chain (except between my drive pedals) and have the option to apply cabsims through the DI while keeping my amp signal without.

• Like 10

On 26/10/2023 at 22:16, Paddy777 said:

My Caveman Audio BP1 Compact arrived this week - and all I can say is WOW 🤩 All the words people use to describe it that do sound a little bit generic (like ‘it sounds so clear without being harsh’ and ‘it just makes you sound better’) make perfect sense once you’ve played through it.

I actually don’t really know how best to describe it, it wasn’t until I’d practiced for a few hours that I really started to understand it - it’s not just a sound, it’s how it feels under your fingers, it almost changes the way you play the to a degree because it makes he dynamics & subtleties of your playing shine through. Combined with a bit of the Marcus Miller-esque sizzle from the SBP-2 and the well known benefits of the Cali76, I reckon I’m pretty satisfied with my board. I’m gonna get a HX Stomp (or similar - any suggestions for any alternative that’s good for bass, like the Hotone Ampero, Headrush gigboard etc, are very welcome) for Dep gigs which I do quite a lot of, but for now I think I’m done….. 🤞 🤪 

B86B806E-681C-4C8F-A103-BA096317642E.thumb.jpeg.3e1e28e88490976ea955b6c6fc3180a6.jpeg

I am definitely very tempted by the BP1 Compact. I need to get down to Bass Direct to try one out some time soon. 

• Like 1

It's a bombsite just now but the SGT-DI, MXR M82, Giygas and OC-5 have all arrived in the last month or so and i've been trialing things out, enjoying them all so far.

Fancying a 2 channel dist/boost on to replace the Nano Batallion and i'll commit to getting things stuck down and patched up neatly.

20231109_214443.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_0161.thumb.jpeg.dbefb3cae6884fb0be1627f84c614327.jpeg

the last time I stuck a pic on here it was my first ever pedalboard… 

similar but changed

PB -> C4 -> Omnicomp -> irn Bru barbershop clone -> Aeon Lab series/mood L4 preamp -> bass boost chorus -> shallow water clone -> colourbox 

got at least one more build on the go so it’s not a final layout, which the odd placement of the c4 switcher makes clear!

New:

the L4 preamp- this thing is fun, two channels and then a limiter. If I had to describe it’s more like switching between a couple of amp models on a hx stomp than most drive/preamps I’ve tried, there is a complexity to the sound that is quite nice. Drive sounds just feel good too, will see how it does in a mix tomorrow. 

off the board: 

• Vong filter pedal - not sure I need it. 
  • JohnK mini XO - crossover drive/distortion thing, similar to a greedtone overdrive - but with crossover to preserve lows below xo point… sounds great …for types of music I don’t play!! 
  • Frog F2B - gremlins and noise I need to sort out. Should have built the particle accelerator instead. Need to fix and work out if it was the valve that was microphonic or my wiring!! 

thoughts

I Should have taken a punt on the anadime bass chorus that was up for sale a month or so ago to try against the bass boost chorus and sell the one I didn’t like - grass greener syndrome I think.

shallow water growing on me. It’s subtle but good. 

• Like 9

20231112_203626.thumb.jpg.76d8ad5b6f9f15ca17dce1f03a057535.jpg

This is my slightly re-configured mini board, complete with the new micro-thumpinator. 

I am thinking of adding a preamp / DI and using my bigger board (Pedaltrain Jr) again in the new year, but this is what I'm taking out at the moment. 

Edited by peteb
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Alma at 90 degrees, octave up, Fuzz in middle at 90 degrees... ? 

That could work, I've quite enjoyed having the pedals roughly inline with their order in the chain but I think now I'm gonna have to get creative. I also have an EAE Dagger to fit on there imminently 😅

Originally I thought the 0xEAE was going to be one of those pedals that just might not justify quite being on a gigging board but it sounds great.

19 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

That could work, I've quite enjoyed having the pedals roughly inline with their order in the chain but I think now I'm gonna have to get creative. I also have an EAE Dagger to fit on there imminently 😅

Originally I thought the 0xEAE was going to be one of those pedals that just might not justify quite being on a gigging board but it sounds great.

you need a bigger board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

you need a bigger board

So I got it working (not wired) but I can have the Halberd, Dagger and OC5 up front. Then the 0xEAE and expression pedal next to each other on the right with the Alma at the top at 90 degrees although that’s for sale so will probably remove it anyways. 

It’s gonna be tight but all very useable. 

• Like 2

On 05/10/2023 at 00:41, RussFM said:

An update to my board, a Digitech Drop was delivered today! This will cover the 4-5 songs we do in Eb, plus the one with an octave. I haven't stuck it down or tidied the cables yet... there's one plug left on my (battery powered) daisy chain. I'm thinking that probably needs to be used, right?

Any suggestions for a nano pedal on the top row? Maybe a delay just so I can play Pneuma by Tool? 😁

20231005_002231.jpg

How are you finding the the Digitech drop?

I have been considering getting one to practice songs at home that are downtrend by 1/2 step, but that my band plays in standard tuning, as it would save me down tuning at home all the time.

I wouldn't be using it for anything more than a step down, so would be interested in hearing how it is

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markbunney said:

I have been considering getting one to practice songs at home that are downtrend by 1/2 step, but that my band plays in standard tuning, as it would save me down tuning at home all the time.

isn't it just easier to listen to the songs tuned up by 1/2 step - quite a lot of apps will do that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1