Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='316922' date='Oct 28 2008, 06:01 PM']btw, dont ask about the drill holes in the wreck of a looper, i was experimenting haha![/quote]
i was about to say that it looks like if you have some valve there haha:) out some LED there :)
btw i new one of those looper - where can i get the cheapest one?

[quote name='Toasted' post='316575' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:35 AM']It's a "Montgomery Appliances '77 Flanger Model 3." It's an A/DA Flanger clone with footswitchable harmonics and two rates. It's great, but I'm selling it to Higgie.[/quote]

Oh hells yeah :)

OK I am a very long time reader, but this is my first post of my pedalboard. Please excuse the picture quality.

MY PEDALBOARD:

This was the setup which I used with ESKIMO SANDWICH last week to record our new EP.

Chain: BASS> DI > BOSS BASS EQ GEB-7 > WOBO DOUBLE LOOPER > DUNLOP 105Q BASS WAH > KORG AX3000B > DI > AMP
LOOP A> SEND > BOSS BASS OVERDRIVE ODB-3 > RETURN
LOOP B> SEND > BOSS SUPER OCTAVE OC-3 > SOVTEK ELECTRO HARMONIX BIG MUFF > ZOOM ULTRA FUZZ UF-01 > RETURN

The rather tastey Sovtek Muff is only currently on loan, note the USA Muff which usually fills it's place in the chain.

Also I have sinced placed the Ultra Fuzz out of the loop, after the Wah, simply because it does not feedback into itself if it is placed inside the loop, which is its' current purpose, although admittedly it is a much nicer fuzz than the USA Muff

*NOTE*: [i]The GEB-7 is only used for live performances to compensate for the output and EQ difference between my Fender Jazz and Epiphone Thunderbird[/i]

And for further interest here are pictures of the rest of my gear I recorded with:

Edited by EskimoBassist

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='316353' date='Oct 28 2008, 01:16 AM'][/quote]

Dude, what do you think of that Bass big Muff?

I used to have a russian BM, but apart from eating the low end, I felt it was near uncontrolable... I was curious about those new bass versions, but I have to say that the vid-demos I saw on them didnt do much for me...

aussie -

i love it to pieces. the clean blended switch is the key here - the clean sounds level is fixed at around unity, and you add the fuzz over the top to taste using the volume control. A genius idea!

the real joy of this pedal is that there is absolutely no bass loss. the manual describes the origin of the pedal as "the battle green russian muff optimised for bass guitar""(IIRC)

the only problem i have found with it is that it isn't particularly keen on active instruments - shame really as i would dearly love to use it with my Razorback, but i think i need to spend some more time tweaking!

TBH for the price (about the £50 mark online) it's an absolute bargain.

hope this helps.

Hey Dude, Yeah, I remember the Russian muff wasnt too keen on actives either.
At the time I was looking for a new fuzz though (when I saw the Bass BM), I found another fuzz that blew my mind, the Earthbound Effects Supercollider which I'm currently waiting on... It's finished and coming my way this week.

That pedal will complete my board, when I have it, I'll post some pics of the completed board.
:)

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='320747' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:37 AM']Hey Dude, [b]Yeah, I remember the Russian muff wasnt too keen on actives[/b] either.
At the time I was looking for a new fuzz though (when I saw the Bass BM), I found another fuzz that blew my mind, the Earthbound Effects Supercollider which I'm currently waiting on... It's finished and coming my way this week.

That pedal will complete my board, when I have it, I'll post some pics of the completed board.
:)[/quote]
have to totally disagree there, iv had all the russian muff varieties, and they all work great with active basses

[quote name='BassManKev' post='321624' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:56 AM']have to totally disagree there, iv had all the russian muff varieties, and they all work great with active basses[/quote]
i'd go with that. i don't get why everyone seems to think all distortions seem to hate active basses, its only ones like fuzz faces etc which aren't buffered that struggle with high impedences.

because its compeltly transparant, noiseless, and perfectly effective limiter for what i need, plastic case wont bother me as it will be always on so will never be stomped on, so why spend more? for comparison, the boss limiter colours the sound more than this, to my ears the behringer doesnt change tone whatsoever

[quote name='cheddatom' post='321918' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:28 PM']Why not?

What wah is it Kev? And what's that DOD-alike OD?

Get a whammy for your octave, it'll be more fun.[/quote]
when i buy whammys i always end up selling them! iv had the wh1, wh2 and wh4 and sold them all for one reason or t'other

it aint a wah, its a expression pedal for the pigtronix, built like a brick shithouse and weighs about twice the pedal!

the overdrive is a rare metal japanese overdrive made by vesta fire, brilliant pedal, flimsy footswitch but good bypass and sounds superb, very effective flexible eq on it too, zero low end loss with the bass knob at 3:00 or beyond :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='cheddatom' post='321941' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:45 PM']Sounds cool.

Do you not miss a wah? I couldn't live without a wah pedal.

Maybe you should try an XP-100? I'd lend mine to you if you were closer.[/quote]
the xp-100 is the whammy i would buy if i were to buy one again, since i cant afford a wh1 and the other two just wernt that good

im preffering envelope filter tones at the moment, if i wanted to i could get the pigtronix modified so that i had some more expression pedals for different paramaters, like the sensitivity or resonance, which is cool but im all spent out at the moment so thatl have to wait