Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='cheddatom' post='197714' date='May 13 2008, 09:24 AM']It's looking a bit empty there Tayste.[/quote]

The piece of cardboard is a placeholder for 2 eb jr volume pedals that will go there.

Still waiting for a modded dod grunge and will be buying Subdecay Prometheus and Mojo Hand Sugar Baby.

So not as empty as you would think, also would love to get this down to 1 board but we'll see.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='197771' date='May 13 2008, 10:13 AM']The piece of cardboard is a placeholder for 2 eb jr volume pedals that will go there.

Still waiting for a modded dod grunge and will be buying Subdecay Prometheus and Mojo Hand Sugar Baby.

So not as empty as you would think, also would love to get this down to 1 board but we'll see.[/quote]

Heh, yeh, I did realise you were leaving space for something specific. I just thought i'd get my jibe in while I could before you post the finished pic :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='193072' date='May 6 2008, 04:55 PM']i asked, but got no help :) all i was told was to email akai, and i never got a reply[/quote]

From my PM's:

[quote]Hi Kev,

First of all, don't worry. There's an Akai repair centre in the UK, but on the flip side when I sent my Deep Impact to them they took 9 weeks and charged me £80 for what I think are relatively simple fixes (re-installing the software, changing the value select knob cap and the output cab).

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like your friend has actually done more damage than help. One of the main reasons for traces coming away from the PCB is overheating with soldering iron destroying the structure of the glue that holds the trace to the board. The soldering robots that Akai use to make their products wouldn't have done this.

Can you take a good, clear photo of the area? Then we can see if we can decide what it best to do.

Cheers, Joe.[/quote]

Sometimes, this board makes me question why I bother to help people.

tayste: that is looking sweet. can we get some close ups of the board and the right way round?
Are there any pedals which you always leave on? could you Velcro them to the underside of the pedal train to make some more space?

[quote name='oddjob' post='198025' date='May 13 2008, 03:00 PM']tayste: that is looking sweet. can we get some close ups of the board and the right way round?
Are there any pedals which you always leave on? could you Velcro them to the underside of the pedal train to make some more space?[/quote]

It's not finished yet, once it is there will be a full description full of pics going up, with sound and song samples, there isn't anything that gets left on all the time, it's more of a recording then performance board for some projects I've always wanted to do and got up coming.

Cheers

[quote name='Toasted' post='197862' date='May 13 2008, 12:05 PM']From my PM's:

Sometimes, this board makes me question why I bother to help people.[/quote]

dude i replied to that with a pic as requested, and heard nothing more from you :)

[quote name='Maximus' post='199996' date='May 15 2008, 10:37 PM'][/quote]

Very nice, but do you not find that the moog causes some serious tone suck when disengaged?? From what i've read (although I haven't tried one myself) the bypass on them is quite bad and you may be better off putting it in a true bypass loop...

Anyway, my board is still a work in progress (as always), but at the moment it goes:

Micro POG > Mini-Chorus > B:assmaster > Pickle Pie > FZ-2 > Echo 600> Compulator > DT-10

Off the board are the Ram Head, Neo Fuzz and Hellbilly, and the stuff I want to buy: Subdecay Noisebox, Quasar, Fembot and Prometheus (when released), Barge VFB-X, Empress Tremolo and 3Xfx Fatman, though this stuff is a looooooooong way off at the moment :)

[quote name='Roady' post='200294' date='May 16 2008, 11:31 AM']Very nice, but do you not find that the moog causes some serious tone suck when disengaged?? From what i've read (although I haven't tried one myself) the bypass on them is quite bad and you may be better off putting it in a true bypass loop...[/quote]

It doesn't really bother me. I'm only playing through a combo amp at the moment. And I'm not in a gigging band (that should change soon hopefully). I'm downsizing and using all the pedals you see on that board along with a couple others on a Pedaltrain 2, so I will be getting a true bypass looper sometime then.

well, i think i'm sorted with my main board - one of the guitarists today said i had the best sound i've had ever...so it must have been good for him to comment !!

i bunged some of the other pedals i don't use into my smaller board, just to keep them tidy and for my peter hook impressions :)

so here they are: main board at the top, satellite board at the bottom

[size=1]god, that carpet's horrid[/size]

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='BassManKev' post='201297' date='May 17 2008, 11:15 PM']i sold mine for 120 :)[/quote]

for what i actually use mine for (wierd noises) i'm thinking of flogging it and buying a mega-cheap one.

i do wonder what the fuss about them is tho...mine sounds fairly ropey..

guitarists eh ?

Nearly done after a bit of moving around for the last couple of days.
I played with this board in front of a 1000 people last night in Harrogate and it did me proud.
1 envelope filter to be added top right soon. I'll move the TU2 down to the front.
Here we are.

In the light

In the dark

When those two white lights are on, that's when I know I'm rocking!

The wires need a bit of covering up and it's there.

really? i love it, best analog delay iv tried, and the oscillation was sweet :)

just found a great new use for my odb-3, im using it as a kinda outboard preamp for my passive jazz, with the blend totally dry with gain cranked and treble/bass boosted :huh: the muff and the incoming DHA will keep me satisfied for overdrive/fuzz

[quote name='Kubickiboy' post='201321' date='May 18 2008, 12:18 AM']Nearly done after a bit of moving around for the last couple of days.
I played with this board in front of a 1000 people last night in Harrogate and it did me proud.
1 envelope filter to be added top right soon. I'll move the TU2 down to the front.
Here we are.

In the light

In the dark

When those two white lights are on, that's when I know I'm rocking!

The wires need a bit of covering up and it's there.[/quote]

should get a nano bassballs so you can fit some more stuff on there :)