Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Been meaning to pop a pic of my board up for a while, but it's been changing a lot over the last few weeks. Probably pretty static for a while now (pedal GAS permitting)![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Needs a bit of a spruce up on the cabling and power fronts, but here it is... apologies for somewhat rubbish iPhone photo.[/font][/size]

@Russ

Yeah the Rocktron Cyborg Reverb really doesnt like sharing power supplies and it's really sensitive to active basses. Great sound though and I love that you can make it reverberate literally forever! Great pedal. Wish I'd not sold mine now :(

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know of any expression pedals with a right-angled jack? I'm really happy with my rig except that I need to put my SYB-5 at an angle because the M-Audio Expression pedal comes with a straight jack. Annoying!

Truckstop

Edited by Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1345129593' post='1774002']
@Russ

Yeah the Rocktron Cyborg Reverb really doesnt like sharing power supplies and it's really sensitive to active basses. Great sound though and I love that you can make it reverberate literally forever! Great pedal. Wish I'd not sold mine now :(

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know of any expression pedals with a right-angled jack? I'm really happy with my rig except that I need to put my SYB-5 at an angle because the M-Audio Expression pedal comes with a straight jack. Annoying!

Truckstop
[/quote]

That's what Diago Isolator or Gigrig Virtual Batteries are for! Just realised that's actually your old unit he's using!

Off the top of my head either the Roland EV-5 or EV-7 come wth a right angled jack. Though I tend to reterminate them anyway as they always come with rediculously long cables for use on a board.

Edited by simwells

The board i used at our last gig on Saturday night. I didn't have the BDI out then, as i didn't need it, when i took this photo it was literally just being used as a DI, so it was Bass - TU-2 - Jackhammer - Amp. I barely even used the Jackhammer, which means i'm going to go ahead with my mini-board idea as soon as i can afford it, but until then, the tuner and drive are all i need.

Liam

Here's mine.

Each one very useful with the others. Very happy with the outcome. The 'cheap' Gator Bone powered board i the best Ive used, the other hardcase styles are just too bulky and heavy.

Bass - EBS Stanley Clarke Wah - EBS Octabass - Darkglass B7K - Aguilar TLC Compressor - 3 Leaf Audio Wonderlove - Amp.

Prefer to use the tuner on top of the amp, just an old habit I guess.

Really does bring colour and groove enhancement. Well, thats my opinion......never had complaints from the band.

Edited by Voodoosnake

How do you find the Wonderlove? Only just found them on the web and may buy one.

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1345219084' post='1775187']
Here's mine.

Each one very useful with the others. Very happy with the outcome. The 'cheap' Gator Bone powered board i the best Ive used, the other hardcase styles are just too bulky and heavy.

Bass - EBS Stanley Clarke Wah - EBS Octabass - Darkglass B7K - Aguilar TLC Compressor - 3 Leaf Audio Wonderlove - Amp.

Prefer to use the tuner on top of the amp, just an old habit I guess.

Really does bring colour and groove enhancement. Well, thats my opinion......never had complaints from the band.
[/quote]

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1345294968' post='1775979']
Looks like a 1st gen Line6 floorboard to me. [url="http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.99-FLOORBOARD"]LINK[/url]
[/quote]

Well honestly that's what I thought it could have been, but his sig says all Ampeg so I was confused. I forgot you could use them with Pods etc. too.

Ah yes, it's a Line6 pod floor controller. I've not updated my sig for a while...

I use it for trem, delay, drive, reverb, and chorus. Has volume and a wah built in too. Not keen on the wah particularly, but it does the job for funky sweeps. Very flexible, very cool! I was worried I'd need to find a pedal board big enough for the floor controller, but then just decided to use the controller itself. Still loving the Pitchbox btw. Should be compulsory ownership!

Truckstop

I'm considering making a permanent switch up from a pedaltrain mini to a larger board, so I can fit all my favourites on, so I'm having a particularly rock 'n' roll saturday night wiring this up :)

My OCD is having difficulties with the ugliness of the cabling at the minute, but easily fixed if I decide to stick with this board size!!!

[quote name='fraff' timestamp='1345037505' post='1772689']
[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Been meaning to pop a pic of my board up for a while, but it's been changing a lot over the last few weeks. Probably pretty static for a while now (pedal GAS permitting)![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Needs a bit of a spruce up on the cabling and power fronts, but here it is... apologies for somewhat rubbish iPhone photo.[/font][/size]

[/quote]

Just sold the Muff and got my hands on Shep's Subdecay Noise Box, which I will start to get to know tonight!

Signal chain...

Tuner > LS2 >
[loop 1] BSW > P&C > DE Hyperion
[loop 2] Mooer Pitch Box > Subdecy Noise Box > 3XFX Buzz Bomb
then to
GR > Ibanez PM7 > Modfactor > Slicer

The drum machine's for synching tempos on the Modfactor & Slicer, and for click tracks. The Slicer can get a bit noisy at the end of this chain, so thinking about possibly chucking in a simple on/off loop pedal in between the Modfactor and the Slicer.

[quote name='fraff' timestamp='1345731404' post='1781009']
Just sold the Muff and got my hands on Shep's Subdecay Noise Box, which I will start to get to know tonight!

Signal chain...

Tuner > LS2 >
[loop 1] BSW > P&C > DE Hyperion
[loop 2] Mooer Pitch Box > Subdecy Noise Box > 3XFX Buzz Bomb
then to
GR > Ibanez PM7 > Modfactor > Slicer

The drum machine's for synching tempos on the Modfactor & Slicer, and for click tracks. The Slicer can get a bit noisy at the end of this chain, so thinking about possibly chucking in a simple on/off loop pedal in between the Modfactor and the Slicer.
[/quote]

nice board man

andy

[quote name='fraff' timestamp='1345755653' post='1781374']
Cheers Andy! It covers a lot of dirty synthy fuzz these days!

Had an initial go with the Noise Box. It's sitting after the Buzz Bomb now - the photo eye control of the Buzz Bomb into the Noise Box is pretty damn cool.
[/quote]

Nice mate, how u finding the pitchbox?

Andy

I like it Andy.

Pros - lots of pitch, harmony and detune options, small footprint, a little bit odd sounding on higher pitch up settings (I like that!!)

Cons - lack of blend as well reported on here, can get lost a little when run into a lot of (more aggressive!) pedals

On the whole tho it's cool. I'm using it so far mostly to fatten up sounds - so a lot of octave up/down, fifths above/below etc.

Time'll tell if it's a keeper!

As requested by SimonEdward!
Set this version of my pedal board today just got the Polysaturator, so excuse the messy cables etc...
Had a fun creating some messed up horror noisescapes with this lot! :crazy:
Still need to get a blend/loop pedal on there somehow?? eekk!!!
Would like to switch between the modulation side and the dirty channel whilst blending.

Edited by [email protected]

Jim - only me being a bloomin' nuisance as usual! :rolleyes: thanks for taking time to share your lover-ly board with us!

IMHO it's posts like this which give a little insight into the practical+creative considerations that go into forming the foundation of our sound.. (for me anyway) A real eye opener! :gas: LOVE this thread.

From the practical: Power supply/Tuner/Noise reduction to the "refined mayhem" of the 'PolySaturator' Distortion ("A quiet pedal when run off isolated 15 volt power apparently") and the cracking combination of DD3?+Holy Grail Plus.. very nice.

If you move up to a PT2 or bigger, you will probably be able to mount the fuel tank underneath and make space on top for that looper you're after..

cheers & god bless