Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

appreciate that boss, in terms of effects it's like Michael Schumacher complimenting someone on their ford focus!! The analogman is the business. Only pedal chorus that comes close IMHO is the new tech 21 boost chorus which sounds immense and has blend (which I would have got but this was £70 cheaper).

Edited by RichF

I've had a play with the Analogman. Only pedal chorus I've tries that I prefered to the EBS... Until the Cluster Flux came along anyway!

Not tried the Boost Chorus. Hot Rox stock it though and they are around the corner from my Studio so I may pop in and play. I had the Red Ripper from the same 'character' series, which I sold, and it's possibly the only pedal I really miss (that and the ABSynth) and want back again.

Beginning to make some sense!

I have PM'd you the signal chain though.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1321097385' post='1435333']
Which ever side of the loops you select will act as your signal path - you can still turn those pedals off though. They won't always 'effect' the signal, just be in line. Much like they are at the mo as your board currently stands.

The easiest way to think of it is that the LS-2 is an effect. Imagine the pedals in its loops don't exist.

Bass - pedal a - pedal b - LS-2 - pedal c - pedal d - amp

That's like a regular pedalboard with 5 pedals on it , although in reality there are more pedals as they are 'within the loop' of the LS-2. So which ever channel of the LS-2 is selected forms the signal path. If you think of the LS-2 as a multi effect, that does the job of which ever channel is selected, imagining the signal path gets a little easier (only in A/B mode though!).

If I'm not explaining it too well I apologise. If you PM me your current set up in the exact order you currently have it set up I'll write you up an example signal path with the LS-2.

Shep
[/quote]

Few snippets shot today playing around with the Low Pass Filter and trying to sort out my hatred of the Whammy cutting top end. It's all a bit rough, but thought I'd post anyway.

I'm playing along to backing tracks made by our very own xgsjx. The vids were shot in HD on a Canon 500D which limits the signal somewhere and I've had to compress the videos massively to get them to an uploadable size so sorry about the quality!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zL95ac_73lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5i3aPmQ5OOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Few fine tunings taken place on the monster board this week. Digitech Whammy DT (see the sale section :)) has been replaced by an Eventide PitchFactor (WOW!!!) which adds millions of new things to the setup besides the whammy effects. Also picked up a Tone Factor Fuzzsaw (I didn't have a fat ungated fuzz) and managed to pick up an ultra rare Boss PN-2 (Tremolo/Pan) which I've always wanted as they sound bloody amazing!

Shep

ok, finally got around to taking a snap.

Chain is;

Red Onion A/B box (off the board because it's only used occasionally) => Boss Tu2 => Demeter Compulator => Boss OC2 => MXR Bass Envelope Filter => MXR El Grande Fuzz => EHX Freeze => Demeter Tremulator => MXR Carbon Copy => Sansamp BDDI

A few of you may recognise some of these :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1321661802' post='1441865']
Few fine tunings taken place on the monster board this week. Digitech Whammy DT (see the sale section :)) has been replaced by an Eventide PitchFactor (WOW!!!) which adds millions of new things to the setup besides the whammy effects. Also picked up a Tone Factor Fuzzsaw (I didn't have a fat ungated fuzz) and managed to pick up an ultra rare Boss PN-2 (Tremolo/Pan) which I've always wanted as they sound bloody amazing!

Shep
[/quote]

I did think that you would end up with a Pitchfactor sooner or later. Gonna use a separate moog expression pedal with that as well then?

I'd be very interested to see how the PN-2 sounds with a Bass: no low end loss at all? Must be mighty tempting to move towards running your rig in stereo, especially with that and the DD-20.

Pitchfactor won't accept a Moog EP-2 - it only takes Expression pedals that use a mono connection. It juts so happens that the Earnie Ball Jnr works :)

I've been thinking about loosing one of the 2 EP-2's connected to my Freqbox for a while as I use the mix one very infrequently. As such it's going and the new expression pedal will sit next to the MP-201 in its place. As for the PN-2, no real low end loss that I have hear. Pretty damn stunning. I have stereo puts on the PN-2, DD-20, Unichorus & Cluster Flux. For now it's a temptation I'll resist :)

Updated shot - A few tweaks made and little additions in place (sorry about the bad iphone shot. I tried to lighten it up a little and made it worse!).

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/929e8389-1.jpg[/IMG]
Better pics soon...

Having just rehearsed with this, I am very very happy. The Pitchfactor has opened loads of door for me while still doing everything the Whammy DT did (that I used on it anyway!)...

Had a few folks asking about my signal chain and stuff via PM recently, so rather than keep typing this out, here is what I'm running (brace yourselves):

(Bass) >
Stageclix wireless receiver >
Boss OC-2 Octave >
TC Electronics Polytune (after OC-2 as the wireless doesn't like going into a true bypass pedal!) >
Input of Boss LS-2 Line Selector >

----- [b][i]LS-2 Channel 1 send >[/i][/b]
--- Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox[i] [size=2](Moog EP-2 connected to Frequency[/size]) >[/i]
--- Zvex Mastotron [i][size=2](Bypass Looper switch 1) [/size]>[/i]
--- WMD Geiger Counter [i][size=2](Bypass Looper switch 2)[/size] >[/i]
--- Tone Factor Fuzz Saw [i][size=2](Bypass Looper switch 3)[/size] >[/i]
--- 3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator [i][size=2](Bypass Looper switch 4)[/size] >[/i]
--- Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan [i][size=2](Bypass Looper switch 5) [/size]>[/i]
--- Eventide Pitchfactor [i][size=2](Connected to Ernie Ball VP JR Pedal)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator [i][size=2](MP-201 connected to Frequency)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-103 12-Stage Phaser >
--- Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux [i][size=2](MP-201 connected to Rate)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter [i][size=2](MP-201 connected to Cut-Off)[/size] >[/i]
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 1 return >[/b][/i]

----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 send >[/b][/i]
--- EBS Unichorus >
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 return >[/b][/i]

Boss LS-2 Line Selector Output >
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay >
> (EBS 1v2 Pre amp, Crown XTi 1000 Power amp, Barefaced Big Twin T)

And breathe...

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1322080636' post='1446366']
I see you've got one of those blue rubber things. Best £4 I've spent! Never thought I'd use Torx bits so often.
[/quote]

With all the different screwdriver ends in? Yeah - Some crazy stuff I've never seen before and have no idea what kind of bolt or screw it would be used on! Something for every occasion :)

The 6 pointed star things (torx bolts) are usually found inside cars. I used to install car A/V &amp; alarms some 10 years ago &amp; this wee tub was always getting used (&amp; still does).

Edited to keep this in topic.....

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/386137_303234506362156_100000268266350_1181411_1185867691_n.jpg

Poor quality iPhone photo & can't get it to post properly (it's on facebook).

Edited by xgsjx