Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

57 minutes ago, lidl e said:

I should've bought that HX one. 

Is it awesome?

It’s really cool actually, a really nice addition, especially for small boards where a full Stomp is over kill and you just want a little extra flexibility.

I’m always torn, I love a board this compact but I always end up scaling up after a week at which point I may as well pop the GT1000core back on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And now for something a little different: I just put together a second board to go with a computer of some sort, starting with my 2018 Apple iPad:

0CC794B8-EA6A-46D3-ACEB-61E2A77360DF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.208d502a4b325ff78dba949c6db03f98.jpeg

• Harley Benton PowerPlant Tuner / PSU (new)
  • tc SpectraDrive preamp (old)
  • Lead Foot volume pedal (new), which is bigger than I thought I wanted, but it all fits in the case and I like it.
  • Boss MD-200 Modulation (a year old)
  • Thomann t.mix. MicroMix 2 USB (new)

The mixer acts as a USB Audio interface, in to the iPad via an old Camera Connection Kit (CCK). It can also play back Bluetooth audio from e.g. a mobile phone, for practice. It has to be powered - the iPad can't power the mixer off battery alone. I was concerned I might need a powered USB hub, but I think I avoided that, barely.

On the iPad I'm trying various things. You can do complex audio routing with plugins through an app called AUM. The screen currently shows the AudioKit L7 Live Looper, which is pretty powerful, has pre- and post-loop effects, and runs great on this iPad as a standalone app. It can be controlled entirely by MIDI if you have that option, but I'm thinking of mounting the iPad on a mic stand for easy access. I might run vocals through it too, since the mixer has a mic input spare.

The board needs to be tidied up and some cables need to be improved e.g. the RCA cable with 1/4" adapters is way too long at this point. But it's working and sounds very good so far. With the Bass VI, I'm not exactly up to Frippertronics standard yet, but we shall see!

• Like 4

Put together a quick montage and demo of my little board. Covers all my musical needs. Can go from clean to dirty to filthy to synthy. Apologies for my sloppy playing :’(

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Chadu25 said:

Put together a quick montage and demo of my little board. Covers all my musical needs. Can go from clean to dirty to filthy to synthy. Apologies for my sloppy playing :’(

Awesome video! You’ve inspired me to try making one too. Board sounds fantastic, all very useable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chadu25 said:

Really nice! Great demo!

• Like 1

Right - I think this will be my last iteration for a while (said no one ever!) as it seems to do everything I need. Tuner and Compressor a must (Murder One to provide very quick momentary mute for tuning), Chorus for fretless, Fuzz as needed, EQ'ing options from both the preamp (the Genzler has two EQ curves & HPF) and Bass EQ (when everything else fails!), looper for system/amp level testing. Can run to the desk from Genzler or amp depending on situation.

IMG_20240519_093148164_HDR.jpg.c897d05535a49ff8b3f40973012f1acf.jpg

• Like 6

I've not posted on here in years, maybe 10? My pedalboard is looking the smartest it's been in ages after a thorough clean and rebuild, and I'm chuffed with my new Cioks power supply, so here we go. I can definitely go down a size of pedaltrain with a few flat cables and properly mounting the power supply underneath, but then again, maybe I can make use of this space... 🤔

IMG_2402.thumb.jpeg.4917e7aa73b45eaad41688c92c96ee45.jpeg

• Like 12

IMG_3601.thumb.jpeg.8e92a8b1a30cabbdf450df10dbc49010.jpeg

My current setup, not much room for owt else at the moment tbf 😂 I forgot just how incredibly good the Tone Hammer is when used properly (i.e. setting up your whole sound with the AGS as part of it, and it’s always on - not as a second channel you can have on and off at different points of a gig) Once I realised that I’ve found it’s actually one of the most versatile and best sounding preamps there is. Goliath adds some massive fat tubey-ness to my sound, gratuitous and probably unnecessary but it sounds fantastic. Markbass Compressor is really good too, well impressed with it. Gonna get a Trickfish signal filter (LPF & HPF with makeup gain) to put at the end of the chain and probably a JDI after that, and I’m toying with the idea of a DCX Bass too, I might tidy it up as some point as

well 😁

• Like 6

IMG_9754.thumb.jpeg.dd2030b83a833560eebc77b65565b996.jpeg

Another week, another pedalboard.

Really loving the SLO, I loved the Capo but ultimately I think I just love the gooey valve thing too much.

Doing lots of testing with the SLO and Capo with other pedals to help decide which stays has reminded me how much I also love the Halberd, Dagger and the brutal 0xEAE Fuzz.

Next up is probably to grab a Cali76 after I’ve sold some stuff. Maybe some day I’ll crack on with actually making some music and stop fiddling. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

IMG_9754.thumb.jpeg.dd2030b83a833560eebc77b65565b996.jpeg

Another week, another pedalboard.

Really loving the SLO, I loved the Capo but ultimately I think I just love the gooey valve thing too much.

Doing lots of testing with the SLO and Capo with other pedals to help decide which stays has reminded me how much I also love the Halberd, Dagger and the brutal 0xEAE Fuzz.

Next up is probably to grab a Cali76 after I’ve sold some stuff. Maybe some day I’ll crack on with actually making some music and stop fiddling. 

Some rare birds here, I think. Good selection. I guess, “quite good at fuzzy bass noises?!” 😃

• Like 1